Comcast looking to buy Sky

Hmm. I've been seeing a lot of ads over here for comcast, phone. internet and t.v.
It sounds a fuck of a lot cheaper than the robbing twats that we have now (Rogers and Bell) and they've even got Tie Domi doing the ads. :)
But it sounds like they are a just another bunch of scummy twats that I might as well steer clear of.
They are cheap if you are in an area where there is competition, such as Verizon. They out do each other to attract new customers on 2 year deals and then up the price considerably at the end of the contract (I changed every two years from one to the other when in Boston.)
In areas where there is a lack of competition, especially less populated areas, then the price is very high.

Last edited:
They are cheap if you are in an area where there is competition, such as Verizon. They out do each other to attract new customers on 2 year deals and then up the price considerably at the end of the contract (I changed every two years from one to the other when in Boston.)
In areas where there is a lack of competition, especially less populated areas, then the price is very high.
This+1

Hmm. I've been seeing a lot of ads over here for comcast, phone. internet and t.v.
It sounds a fuck of a lot cheaper than the robbing twats that we have now (Rogers and Bell) and they've even got Tie Domi doing the ads. :)
But it sounds like they are a just another bunch of scummy twats that I might as well steer clear of.

That's how they get you.

It'll start cheaper on an "introductory rate". Then after 6 months or a year, they'll start charging you for all of the services they were providing for free, and your bill will double over night. If you try to call in to figure out what's going on, they'll put you through and endless loop of customer service where you'll probably just give up instead of getting a resolution. If you want to cancel - too bad! When you signed up for that introductory rate it was actually locking you into a 2 year contract, you should've read the fine print.

Nobody is worse then Comcast. Their business practice has been to fuck over consumers in everyway possible and is pretty much responsible for the cord cutting movement over here.

That's how they get you.

It'll start cheaper on an "introductory rate". Then after 6 months or a year, they'll start charging you for all of the services they were providing for free, and your bill will double over night. If you try to call in to figure out what's going on, they'll put you through and endless loop of customer service where you'll probably just give up instead of getting a resolution. If you want to cancel - too bad! When you signed up for that introductory rate it was actually locking you into a 2 year contract, you should've read the fine print.

Nobody is worse then Comcast. Their business practice has been to fuck over consumers in everyway possible and is pretty much responsible for the cord cutting movement over here.
So you're familiar with Comcast then?

That's how they get you.

When I changed (or tried to) from Comcast to Verizon, I explained umpteen times I was moving because Verizon was 40% cheaper.
The woman kept to script and informing me we were valued customers of 8 years and they wanted to keep us... and what can we do to keep us.... I kept saying ''match Verizon's price'' and she couldn't. I kept saying they were offering new customers the same deal so why not existing customers? In the end I simply stated we wanted to cancel but she was like a dog with a bone.... kept praising our time spent with them and she wanted to keep us.... In the end I told her I was cancelling the bank order and asked where do I send or take the cable box too. I added that the call was being recorded so it was evidence I have informed them I do not wish to receive their services anymore.... finally she ''agreed'' to cancel our account - and even then after she had done that was begging me to rejoin lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.