Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Prestwich_Blue, 7 Feb 2017.

1. nmc

nmc

They didn't include the fee united paid to an agent for image rights! So the numbers are not accurate.

2. crazyg

crazyg

Retired
    You mean the Ministry of Truth are being economical with it?

3. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

Pretty sure the image rights were bought the year before via a court case

4. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

5. dennistueartismyhero

dennistueartismyhero

I often wondered what team Daily Mail readers supported, now I know, going out of your way to be offended

6. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Publicly funded company in Rag / Dipper click bait shocker.

7. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I've had the standard letter from the ECU about this. Has anyone else who had it responded yet?

I've also had this from them over my complaint about the BBC endorsing their club watches repeatedly:
    What I do know from speaking to a journalist contact is that it's now common for organisations to be invited to PR events for product launches like this only on the understanding (that may even have to be formal as part of a signed agreement) that they will plug the product. The BBC is clearly resorting to its default position of lying and obfuscation.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2017
  8. mancityvstoke

mancityvstoke

fuck all to do with you
    CHARLESTOWN Stop taking me seriously Back in 212
    Internal complaints investigation whitewash...shock

9. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    How the BBC deal with complaints.
    >20 complaints
    Sorry you are offended, but we've done nothing wrong.
    >100 complaints
    Sorry you are offended. We have fallen below the standards you expect, but we didn't do it on purpose/it was a genuine mistake. We'll learn from our mistakes/change policy/re-educate, blah, blah.......
    <100 complaints
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

10. Gordyola

Gordyola

Got this from the ECU as a follow-up to my reply to their original response

Match of the Day social media platform, 5 February 2017

Thank you for your email and attached letter of 6 April and your comments on the Executive Complaints Unit’s finding on your complaint. I am sorry you considered our response to be a "white-wash" but I do not believe there are grounds to amend our finding.

The Executive Complaints Unit investigated your complaint and provided an explanation for how the name "Bertie" originally came to be used and why subsequent action was taken to remove the caption. We explained the use of the word was inadvertent and the member of staff concerned was unaware of its potential to offend.

We also explained the reason why the Executive Complaints Unit cannot accept a complaint of unfairness unless it is made by or on behalf of the victim(s) of the unfair treatment. This is set out in the Interim BBC Complaints Framework and Procedures which also explains the remit of the Executive Complains Unit: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/assets/complaintsnew/resources/BBC-Interim- Complaints-Framework-April-2017.pdf

Our letter of 6 April should, therefore, be regarded as the BBC’s final decision. You can, however, now ask the broadcasting regulator, Ofcom, to consider your complaint if you wish. The details of how contact Ofcom and the procedures it will apply can be found at: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/how-to-report-a-complaint.

Yours sincerely

Colin Tregear

Complaints Director

Choose not to explain why there had been 3 excuses including his own to the tagging of the image

I wish Pete would make a personal complaint as they are hiding behind the third party excuse