Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

At least they're finally open about it! By the way, both the complaints I had running (Pete & the advertising of Tag Heuer) have been finally rejected by the BBC so I can take them to OFCOM.

The TAG Heuer one was a close-run thing though as they actually admitted having some sympathy with it. I reckon I'll win that one.
Hopefully you'll win the Pete one too. Once it became obvious that their social media people did know what Bertie meant (having an article explaining exactly what it meant almost a year to the day before the Pete incident) then surely they don't have a leg to stand on? It'd be like a bigamist 'forgetting' he'd got married a year before his next wedding.

In addition, the BBC has to have responsibility, accountability and controls in place, so their comments about not knowing who actually wrote it shows a definite weakness in their system. What if that person had gone further and published extreme content (sexual, political or terrorism related) who would stop it, monitor it? At a time when YouTube et al are under pressure because of their lack of control a state broadcaster has to act responsibly. If they truly have no idea who posted it then OFCOM have to take notice. This can't be seen as a few disgruntled fans by them.

PB you've done an excellent job here. Let's hope that OFCOM see sense. Excellent work.

These big corporations all work the same way, they start with the standard apology letter while denying any offence has been committed, then try to demoralise you by constantly referring you through the channels until eventually you give up. Well done PB and I hope the bastards are shown up for what they are.

At least they're finally open about it! By the way, both the complaints I had running (Pete & the advertising of Tag Heuer) have been finally rejected by the BBC so I can take them to OFCOM.

The TAG Heuer one was a close-run thing though as they actually admitted having some sympathy with it. I reckon I'll win that one.
Nice one PB.think they might of thought it would pass in time.so good on you for sticking to it mate...

Surely the Pete The Badge complaint should be successful as the BBC clearly lied in their first response. While we're at it could the constructive dismissal of Cheesey be taken to Ofcom too? (only joking, but there is a pattern emerging)

Good on you PB.

Incidentally the Mail online published, along with several other photos relating to last night's match, a photo of Pete all kitted out at the Etihad. At least they had the common decency to refer to him as "a Manchester City fan" with no hint of taking the piss.

Good on you PB.

Incidentally the Mail online published, along with several other photos relating to last night's match, a photo of Pete all kitted out at the Etihad. At least they had the common decency to refer to him as "a Manchester City fan" with no hint of taking the piss.
That's the original caption that the Press Association library photo had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.