Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

Yes. They rejected the complaint on the grounds that they had no jurisdiction over social media content iirc. A real cop-out. I'll see if I've still got the email.
It was BBC social media content which one of their Rag Muppet employees posted. I'm f**ked if I can fathom how on earth the they've worked out they weren't responsible for it.

They are the worst kind of corporate organisation. One that seems to operate without consequence or fear of reprisals for their actions.
SCUMBAGS!

Can't find the email but it was Ofcom who said that they (i.e. Ofcom) couldn't rule on BBC social media content.
OFCOM?

The Office of Communications, commonly known as Ofcom, is the government-approved regulatory and competition authority for the broadcasting, Telecommunications and postal industries of the United Kingdom.

The BBC is a statutory corporation, independent from direct government intervention, with its activities being overseen from April 2017 by the BBC Board and regulated by Ofcom.

Both from wiki.

IIRC the offending article was before April 17, so probably not covers by the new charter, but if OfCom can't rule over over all output by broadcasters, then who can?

It was BBC social media content which one of their Rag Muppet employees posted. I'm f**ked if I can fathom how on earth the they've worked out they weren't responsible for it.

They are the worst kind of corporate organisation. One that seems to operate without consequence or fear of reprisals for their actions.
SCUMBAGS!

Yes the BBC have fallen into the gutter.

In a more recent example, I thought it was a disgrace that our licence fees were used to fund a media onslaught against Mark Sampson, in support of one of their pundits. Sampson might have deserved the sack but the Beeb were going to make sure it happened, regardless of the rights and wrongs.

Yes the BBC have fallen into the gutter.

In a more recent example, I thought it was a disgrace that our licence fees were used to fund a media onslaught against Mark Sampson, in support of one of their pundits. Sampson might have deserved the sack but the Beeb were going to make sure it happened, regardless of the rights and wrongs.
The BBC systematically drove him out. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew of the Sampson report well in advance but held on to it, waiting for the most newsworthy time to make it public. The BBC sports reporters were all over the story like a rash; none more than that sanctimonious prick Dan Roan.

The BBC systematically drove him out. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew of the Sampson report well in advance but held on to it, waiting for the most newsworthy time to make it public. The BBC sports reporters were all over the story like a rash; none more than that sanctimonious prick Dan Roan.

Spot on mate. There was little or no mention of support for Sampson in the squad.

I think the original complaint was firmly brushed under the carpet. Certainly the e-mail I had back basically said it was a a genuine mistake, and no offence was intended. I think everyone on BM knows that's b***ocks.

What about the complaint regarding the BBC's blatant advertising of the United watches in one of its articles? I thought that was the stronger of the two.

What about the complaint regarding the BBC's blatant advertising of the United watches in one of its articles? I thought that was the stronger of the two.
Not sure what happened there. I seem to recall a certain Simon Stone having a hand in that one. No doubt the gave it the full carpet treatment.

They decided it wasn't substantive enough to warrant action. I've found the email:

We have carefully reviewed the material you are concerned about, your complaint and the BBC’s final response to you on it. Ofcom considers that your complaint does not raise a substantive issue under the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines that requires our further consideration. We will therefore not be pursuing your complaint.

With regard to your comments about the Match of the Day Facebook page and a BBC employee’s Twitter feed, I should be clear that Ofcom has no role in the regulation of BBC social media pages. More information can be found here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/101893/bbc-online-procedures.pdf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.