Conceding Early - any answers?

Fire up the players before kick off instead of the night before/morning of.

It seems to work at half time.

Doesn't Pep leave the players to it pre-match?

Maybe he needs to change that routine and get in there and kick 'em up the arse, like he obviously does at half-time?

There is certainly a lack of leadership in the team atm.
Yep. I've been saying this for a while.

It may have worked at Munich or Barca where the teams had several natural leaders but without Kompany, we seem to be lacking some of that.

This annoys the hell out of me,i think not controlling the game from the start even at home lets the opposition go for goal,i thought pep was all about controlling the game with possession,even against burnley we were very sloppy and handing them the ball countless times,it's a mind set issue
We should also have been three up in ten minutes which would have eased any nerves.

Our finishing and decision making is wank at the moment.

The two Leicester goals worried me a bit less but that Liverpool goal was way too easy, we were sloppy as hell to give up possession, didn't do anywhere near enough to try to rectify the situation and then the defending in the middle was feeble. When someone heads in so easily, bang in the middle of the goal about 8 yards out, I find it impossible not to think something has gone very wrong defensively.
Yup, we gave it away. We do that, so do other teams, in this instance it resulted in a perfect cross right onto the head of the only guy in the box perfectly between two defenders.... Jammy scouse fuckers if you ask me.

Other stats for the first 15 mins show we are actually top performing from what I have seen...... clearances, number of saves Bravo has to make, shots against us are all quite faavourable. Hence I believe Pep when he says it isnt a particular problem that our defence/team are weak/notconcentrating in the first 15

Get Andy Morrison to have a little chat with the players 10 minutes before kick off and he can tell them he will be waiting for them at half time to assess how things have gone.

Yup, we gave it away. We do that, so do other teams, in this instance it resulted in a perfect cross right onto the head of the only guy in the box perfectly between two defenders.... Jammy scouse fuckers if you ask me.

Other stats for the first 15 mins show we are actually top performing from what I have seen...... clearances, number of saves Bravo has to make, shots against us are all quite faavourable. Hence I believe Pep when he says it isnt a particular problem that our defence/team are weak/notconcentrating in the first 15
I'd want to see a break down of those stats over the season really because I don't think many would suggest we were starting slowly in the first couple of months. I only have to trust my eyes to know that we aren't starting matches like we were back in September. It isn't just about conceding or not, it's just the whole thing looks pedestrian in the first half too often at the moment and sometimes that will lead to conceding.

Yep. I've been saying this for a while.

It may have worked at Munich or Barca where the teams had several natural leaders but without Kompany, we seem to be lacking some of that.
Haha, I believe his "leaders" are Kolarov and Zabba. Zabbba ok. But Kolarov wont earn enough respect because her is shiteLOL

Do what worked for Leicester last season. A technical right winger, one really quick striker, one striker who's also there, CB's with licence to pull whoever they want over, attacking fullbacks who don't need to defend, two CMs who are very good at fast running, a load of dodgy penalty decisions and a few loan recalls. Park the bus and hope for the best.

Caballero
Zabaleta Otamendi Kolarov Clichy
De Bruyne Fernandinho Delph Sterling
Aguero Bony

4-4-2 guaranteed title win next season. Only downside is we'll be appalling the year after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.