Conceding Early - any answers?

opposition starting at a million miles an hour will be part of it, as is our recent pedestrian approach to the 1st half. And our inability to deal with people running in behind to long balls.

Actually to be fair we're looking better at the back over the 90 but it's that opening 15 mins where we're repeatedly getting caught out

Ignoring the fact that Bayern and Barcelona both had incredible defensive records, as did Barcelona B. We don't have the personnel for it and that will change.
My excuse is I don't do my research and just post without finding out the absolute smallest facts. And also I was being sarcastic. But you're right we don't have the personnel.

I dint see anything we did majorly wrong that other top defences dont do themselves... Just unfortunate that the very first cross was piunpoint accurate and powerful enough it could be directed.

I think this is probably true, and would suggest this is part of what Pep was alluding to with the 'fault' and 'blame' culture aimed towards City (often by the commentators, the media and some of our own fans).

When our players score great/clinical goals it's often readily accepted to be a good/well taken goal, however should anyone dare score against us, there's an almost instantaneous blame culture, usually directed at an individual player. Good players score good goals and sometimes this should just be accepted. More oftern than not this results in a sort of knee-jerk reaction that something must be inherently wrong with our team or a particular player.

We don't have the monopoly on scoring well taken goals, and perhaps should ease off a little bit when suggesting that every goal conceeded should have been avoidable.

Besides 2 players, it's the same aging team from season before. Seasoned but hard to instill peps style.
Complete overhaul is needed.

I dint see anything we did majorly wrong that other top defences dont do themselves... Just unfortunate that the very first cross was piunpoint accurate and powerful enough it could be directed.

Same with Leicester... They wouldnt normally score thos type of goals.... I dont think there was anything the defenders could do.

What bothers me more is that the opposition think and have the mindset that City can be turned over easily, It's like we have already lost before we go into a game.... Pep calls it respect, I call it fear factor and we dont have it.. We need to have a string of winning games, to get that we need less bad luck. Like Chelsea.
Less bad luck indeed

You make your own luck. Defend properly, keep switched on and make sure the opposition don't get chances through sloppy defending.

Also, look at Arsenal's early goals conceded (0) and yet they are below us in the league.
I also heard they have the best record for scoring in the last 10 minutes and have picked up more points at the end of games than anyone else.

Boy, they must be really shit in the middle of games!

Do what worked for Leicester last season. A technical right winger, one really quick striker, one striker who's also there, CB's with licence to pull whoever they want over, attacking fullbacks who don't need to defend, two CMs who are very good at fast running, a load of dodgy penalty decisions and a few loan recalls. Park the bus and hope for the best.

Caballero
Zabaleta Otamendi Kolarov Clichy
De Bruyne Fernandinho Delph Sterling
Aguero Bony

4-4-2 guaranteed title win next season. Only downside is we'll be appalling the year after.
Since when is Clichy a fucking attacking full back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.