Confederations Cup 2017 Final (sunday)page 75

Ok, can we all agree, after the horrible season he had with us, that it showed quite a lot of character and willpower to captain Chile, give the team talk before the penalties, and then win the game for them? That was at least universally accepted as impressive?

i'm a lucky lad, I get to a lot of games, home and away. not heard one single boo. not one.
I was only joking (it was too good to pass up). I was more alluding to the sarcastic claps and jeering, which I have heard, despite being forced to live thousands of miles away now.

De Gea was also awful in his first year in England. Then he adapted and establishef best keeper in league. I expect same for Bravo.

I have always thought this is what you look like in person...

GettyImages-487252980-56a9ff825f9b58b7d0006ad1.jpg
Unfortunately, my hair is greyer than that. Think Victor Meldrew.

As a former keeper, I think that pundits saying the penalties weren't great is too easy when they're saved.

Time and time again, the keeper dives out of the way of "easy" saves, when I faced penalties I always tried to go where the ball was going, so I waited and reacted, I saved quite a few, but a clever player sends you the wrong way.

I actually think the first save was a pretty decent penalty, its at a difficult height for the keeper, and he gets both hands firmly behind it, and it was slightly above him, a few inches higher its very difficult, because the keeper is going down, the second is an easier height certainly, as its inches lower, the third he waits for Nani to decide, and Nani f**ks the penalty completely, but Claudio is already in his head, having saved twice on one side, so he's maybe already forced Nani to go the other way, hence his stuttering run up.

It makes f**k all difference to his playing for us though, apart from boosting his confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.