Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Yeah. I listened to Totally Football, heard him say he had a problem with it and paused the thing to tweet him. So I started the whole spat. I was very polite but he lost his shit pretty quickly and ended up calling everyone thick and pathetic.

Weird guy to do that. Shows he knew he’d lost the argument.

The thing that gets me is that he can't appeal to the authority of the laws of the game, and then ignore the authority of the people who make those rules. If IFAB say it, it's the law.

The thing that gets me is that he can't appeal to the authority of the laws of the game, and then ignore the authority of the people who make those rules. If IFAB say it, it's the law.
Yep. The fact that he just kept posting the clipped picture over and over again and orally ignoring the IFAB rules on my picture said a lot. He knew he couldn’t enter into debate hence him resorting to abuse.

All the stats are a little confusing ha ha I am used to us having a stat of no goals at home for 6 weeks and no wins in 10.

Haha! That was quite entertaining. Bit of a dick isn’t he.

Just read through that whole twitter thread... what an absolute dickhead he is. And when he got busted for cropping that screenshot he went all quiet.
I just sent him an innocent tweet asking him how many games City have won in a row now.

Just read through that whole twitter thread... what an absolute dickhead he is. And when he got busted for cropping that screenshot he went all quiet.
I just sent him an innocent tweet asking him how many games City have won in a row now.

It is exactly because of the doubters that I spent all that time contacting every leading statistician and the lawmakers the IFAB to determine the validity of the record. Both MUFC (with Fergie's 1st 100 Euro wins) and AFC (with their consecutive away record) included penalty shoot outs to determine wins, but these had at times been criticised, so it made sense to get absolute clarity from the lawmakers etc. Everyone saying it doesn't count seems to overlook the fact that the Wolves game had to have a winner and that when that is the situation the winner is determined by extra time and/or penalties. It's written in the IFAB laws.

If a winner isn't decided by penalties then the same is true for extra time as they're part of the same law. Ah well! I've posted a comment on the zonal guy's twitter feed stating that we needed transparency hence the reason we contacted the IFAB etc. Hopefully he'll now see sense.

It is exactly because of the doubters that I spent all that time contacting every leading statistician and the lawmakers the IFAB to determine the validity of the record. Both MUFC (with Fergie's 1st 100 Euro wins) and AFC (with their consecutive away record) included penalty shoot outs to determine wins, but these had at times been criticised, so it made sense to get absolute clarity from the lawmakers etc. Everyone saying it doesn't count seems to overlook the fact that the Wolves game had to have a winner and that when that is the situation the winner is determined by extra time and/or penalties. It's written in the IFAB laws.

If a winner isn't decided by penalties then the same is true for extra time as they're part of the same law. Ah well! I've posted a comment on the zonal guy's twitter feed stating that we needed transparency hence the reason we contacted the IFAB etc. Hopefully he'll now see sense.

It’s being reported now by Opta that we’ve got the record for most consecutive away wins in all competitions with 11. That’s not correct though is it because Arsenal have the record (that you mention) on penalties with 12? Ridiculous that Opta, unlike Ifab, fail to use commonsense in their appreciation of records.

It’s being reported now by Opta that we’ve got the record for most consecutive away wins in all competitions with 11. That’s not correct though is it because Arsenal have the record (that you mention) on penalties with 12? Ridiculous that Opta, unlike Ifab, fail to use commonsense in their appreciation of records.
I don't think Opta's spreadsheets cope with games won on pens! It's not a record yet and I'm sure Arsenal will have something to say about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.