Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fame Monster, 6 Nov 2017.

1. bluetoby

bluetoby

We can't make istory were not Scouse !!

2. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

3. shemnel

shemnel

think the confusion around the Wolves game stops this being talked about more. Strange there is no set rule for cup tie results when trying to assess a winning run!

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

After 90mins it was a draw. At 120mins it was a draw. At the end of the pen shootout we battered 'em!

5. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    Did we lose in 2012 vs QPR?

6. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Of course not. They won it far and square, just like they did the league in 2014......!

7. davealvers

davealvers

If it wasn't for the useless Bobby Madley screwing us over and likely costing us a win against Everton, we'd be on 21 consecutive wins in all competitions as it stands.

8. Gary James

Gary James

Writer - facebook.com/garyjames4
    Find out about my writing at @garyjameswriter
    There is though. The IFAB say that when a game needs a winner (which that one-off LC game did) then the winner can be determined by extra time and/or a penalty shoot out. The LC accept it as a win; the FA say that they also accept it as a win etc. The issue comes with statistic websites/spreadsheets that don't have capacity to record it as a win. Companies/statisticians that base their records on spreadsheets struggle with this, but those that have maintained records since footy began (such as the Nationwide Football Annual which under various names has been in existence for over 130 years) have confirmed they recognise it.

9. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    City ruining spreadsheets since 2008

10. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

Thanks for the confirmation Gary, and sorry I wrongly referred to you (writer and historian) as a statistician in my earlier post haha!!

You're absolutely right we should be celebrating it more, it's an incredible achievement.

Even if you're suspicions are right and it is on the low side and the great Preston Wanderers side of 1609 have the record, we can be pretty certain it's a modern record in the era of 4/5 competitions, beating the previous record which stood for 30 years. No way on earth should we downplay it, an achievement that's well earned, playing beautiful football.