Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fame Monster, 6 Nov 2017.

1. edinburgh123

edinburgh123

Yes BBC have it as 15 consecutive wins but only via qualifying their statement with the Wolves game. They didn't say including 5-0 against Liverpool or 3-1 against Arsenal because there is no doubt there. They specifically qualified it as they knew the result makes the record debatable

2. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

3. Abattoir Blue

Abattoir Blue

Fair enough

4. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

Please could all the people, myself included, who went fucking mental at Wembley when we beat Liverpool, kindly return their glee: we drew.
    And worry not; I've had a word with YaYa and his so-called "winning" penalty - provided Roberto Baggio is happy to claim he "drew" the 1994 World Cup, Mr. Toure won't say any more on the subject. Nor will Chris Waddle or Stuart Pearce. "Drawrers" not "Losers" both.

5. Gary James

Gary James

Writer - facebook.com/garyjames4
    Find out about my writing at @garyjameswriter
    I would but I think I need a lie down. This is all getting too much. Only at City would we downplay a major achievement.

If anyone wants to know why the consecutive wins is being treated as an official record have a look back at my comments in this thread and the other. If this was just City, me or Curly Watts saying it I could understand the scepticism, but it's national/international organisations and record keepers. In terms of a winning sequence City won the game - the IFAB (the ultimate governing body) talk about the methods used to decide a winner when a winner must be decided and that Wolves game complies entirely. If anyone wants to challenge the BBC, Sky, the FL, the FA, the IFAB, the Nationwide Football Annual's official record keepers, MUFC & AFC (they've both counted penalty wins as part of sequence records previously!) then please do. But please let's celebrate this remarkable achievement - we've also established other sequence records recently and are nearing another all time sequence record too but we're all getting bogged down by the winning sequence semantics to celebrate the other stuff now. Let's move on and keep counting our wins, please! These are wonderful times as far as breaking records is concerned so let's boast about them - if City fans don't celebrate them then we can't expect anyone else to.

6. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

What are the other records coming up Gary?

7. bluesmith

bluesmith

David Elleray at IFAB responded to me saying it was a draw.

8. Gary James

Gary James

Writer - facebook.com/garyjames4
    Find out about my writing at @garyjameswriter
    What was the question you asked him?

9. goldcoastblue

goldcoastblue

what do you keep your undies in?

10. bluesmith

bluesmith

i asked whether Ifab class the wolves result as a win or a draw for the purpose of our run. His response was the match was a draw.