Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fame Monster, 6 Nov 2017.

1. Gary James

Gary James

Writer - facebook.com/garyjames4
    Find out about my writing at @garyjameswriter
    I'd be keen to see the exact question and exact answer because that's somewhat different from all other responses. The game was a draw at end of normal time and aet and so will show as that, but it was a win on penalties (and their rules follow that). Feel free to DM me the correspondence etc. Cheers

Edit:Incidentally, I've had this from Elleray saying it's a win:

Dear Dr James

Thank you for your e mail

As you correctly state , kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match ( or tie) when the scores are level.
    QED if any team plays any match which required KFPM and they win that 'event' they win the match.

Best wishes

David

David Elleray
    Technical Director of The IFAB

Last edited: 9 Nov 2017
  2. blue by birth

blue by birth

It's a good job the bookies are not in charge ...otherwise the rags would have a few more titles and the dippers an extra one in 2014.

3. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

The Wolves game and Liverpool LC Final matches
    were draws. As was the United v Chelsea CL final. These ties and competitions were won by tie breaking procedures. The clue is in the title "Tie Breaking Procedure".
    The AFS (Association of Football Statisticians) has the game down as a 0:0 (4-1). I have asked them as to their opinion but they will probably say the game was a draw but City won the tie. I have also asked how extra time wins are classified.

4. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Well that was a quick reply. It's a win. The game is marked as such on the 11v11 City team page.
    For gambling purposes match results only count at the end of 2nd half injury time. Any game result as a draw with a collorary in brackets is such a win.

5. Gary James

Gary James

I'm a life member of the AFS - although it has since been sold and is a commercial enterprise! - and we used to debate stuff like this all the time. Anyway, lots written about this (see other thread too) and precedents etc.

6. Gary James

Gary James

Good stuff.

7. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

They did say you have to mention tie break games like Wolves as a corollary in any winning streak as a sizable minority disagree with it actually being classified as a win. So we're officially 15 wins on the bounce this season so long as you mention the Wolves game was won on a tie breaker!

Last edited: 9 Nov 2017
  8. Gary James

Gary James

That's fine because that's standard practice anyway. Cheers

9. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Which is probably why a lot of the media are mentioning it.

10. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

I mentioned it the other day Gary. I know City recognise the wolves game as a win, so do i too. Why would they put it as a draw on their results webpage?

://www.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team?results=true