Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

The Wolves game and Liverpool LC Final matches
were draws. As was the United v Chelsea CL final. These ties and competitions were won by tie breaking procedures. The clue is in the title "Tie Breaking Procedure".
The AFS (Association of Football Statisticians) has the game down as a 0:0 (4-1). I have asked them as to their opinion but they will probably say the game was a draw but City won the tie. I have also asked how extra time wins are classified.

so how did the old rule work when you had to replay the cup tie

I mentioned it the other day Gary. I know City recognise the wolves game as a win, so do i too. Why would they put it as a draw on their results webpage?

://www.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team?results=true

like i said before united added the league cup semi final as a winning run last season the media was going over time with the spin about jose winning record but they lost to hull city in the 2nd leg of the league cup final ??????

So if the win run keeps going and going (and Leicester and Huddersfield will be tough) don't be offended if the Wolves result keeps being mentioned as a corollary to the run. - that's how it SHOLD be officially recorded.

So if the win run keeps going and going (and Leicester and Huddersfield will be tough) don't be offended if the Wolves result keeps being mentioned as a corollary to the run. - that's how it SHOLD be officially recorded.
I don't understand why anybody would be offended. It's the same as a cup final won on penalties or any other event and when results listed and/or discussion of games occurs then it would be foolish not to mention it. As far as the IFAB are concerned, the ultimate lawmakers, in their latest correspondence it's a win:
kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match ( or tie) when the scores are level.
QED if any team plays any match which required KFPM and they win that 'event' they win the match.

Thankfully, all appropriate governing bodies, lawmakers, record books, media companies etc. regard it as a win that must count in sequence records and therefore we have the judgement we need. We can all have our opinions of course, but ultimately it's those people and organisations who decide what is/isn't a win/record.

I'd be keen to see the exact question and exact answer because that's somewhat different from all other responses. The game was a draw at end of normal time and aet and so will show as that, but it was a win on penalties (and their rules follow that). Feel free to DM me the correspondence etc. Cheers

Edit:Incidentally, I've had this from Elleray saying it's a win:

Dear Dr James

Thank you for your e mail

As you correctly state , kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match ( or tie) when the scores are level.
QED if any team plays any match which required KFPM and they win that 'event' they win the match.

Best wishes

David

David Elleray
Technical Director of The IFAB

That response seemed to stop that one in his tracks.

Edit:Incidentally, I've had this from Elleray saying it's a muffin:

Dear Dr James

Thank you for your e mail

As you correctly state , a small round dough ball baked, then cut in half and served with chips is, indeed, called a muffin.

Best wishes

David

David Elleray
Technical Director of The IFAB (international federation of approved bakers)
There you have it then. It's a muffin

I don't understand why anybody would be offended. It's the same as a cup final won on penalties or any other event and when results listed and/or discussion of games occurs then it would be foolish not to mention it. As far as the IFAB are concerned, the ultimate lawmakers, in their latest correspondence it's a win:
kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match ( or tie) when the scores are level.

Thankfully, all appropriate governing bodies, lawmakers, record books, media companies etc. regard it as a win that must count in sequence records and therefore we have the judgement we need. We can all have our opinions of course, but ultimately it's those people and organisations who decide what is/isn't a win/record.
Agree with what you say but some on here will take umbridge as to why Wolves keeps getting mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.