Gareth Barry

Absolute gem of a player..I don't think we appreciated just how good he was for us at the time.
He always gave 100% every game and even if he was having a bad game he never hid.
Gareth Barry it was a pleasure to have watched you play for City

Got good recognition today for the part he played in turning us into Premier League Champions. Well done GazBaz

Continues to prove why he's still playing top level football as he approaches 37yrs of age.

What a wonderful role model.

This may sound like a crazy idea for a thread, but after watching yesterday, should Gareth Barry be selected for the world cup?

Now I am not saying Baz is the player he was and has the legs, but at present the England holding midfielders are henderson and dier, whi, let's be honest shite.
Add to that that barry, is still managing 90 mins and can still do a decent enough job in holding midfield.
Having Barry just playing ahead of the back four in the hole, I would feel more comfortable that he could inteligently feed the ball from stones amd cahill to the attacking midffield and flanks.

Also he has experience and maturity that may be needed.

Like I say reading it back it seems a daft idea, but honestly does England have a better holding midfielder in the country at present.

Last edited:
This may sound like a crazy idea for a thread, but after watching yesterday, should Gareth Barry be selected for the world cup?

Now I am not saying Baz is the player he was and has the legs, but at present the England holding midfielders are henderson and dier, whi, let's be honest shite.
Add to that that barry, is still managing 90 mins and can still do a decent enough job in holding midfield.
Having Barry just playing ahead of the back four in the hole, I would feel more comfortable that he could inteligently feed the ball from stones amd cahill to the attacking midffield and flanks.

Also he has experience and maturity that may be needed.

Like I say reading it back it seems a daft idea, but honestly does England have a better holding midfielder in the country at present.

Southgate doesn't seem to want to give the present U21 of Izzy Brown, kasey Palmer a try and Harry Winks though called up looks like was just part of the numbers.

If England go to tbe world cup with the thinking henderson and dier as holding midfielders then southgates an idiot

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.