Congratulations to a top Blue

Congratulations Gary a top writer and a top historian of Manchester football.Your talks are fantasic thank you for giving me so much pleasure reading your books

He literally wrote the book(s) on City's history and put in a large amount of work on the Bluemoon History section. Always answering questions on here too and posting his own research.

Top man Gary, well done!

Thanks to Damocles for posting this and his comments. Also, thanks to everyone who has commented. It means a lot. I was surprised to see a thread about me/this, so thanks for all your efforts. My PhD was something I'd been hoping to do for years and it has been a tough journey at times, especially as I've had to fund it myself and, obviously, had much less opportunity to do paid work while I've been doing this. Anyway, your comments mean a lot and I am grateful to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to write something here, or to email me/comment on my twitter/facebook etc.

If you're wondering my thesis title was: "The Emergence, Development and Establishment of Association Football in Manchester" and these two articles form part of my recent research:

- http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17460263.2013.873075?src=recsys (free to download & covering the birth of association football in Manchester)
- http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14660970.2014.961378?src=recsys (sadly behind a paywall, but if you get access via a university, library, college etc. it would be worth checking - this covers the 1904 FAC success)

I know many on BM have already read these, but thought I'd post them if anyone is wondering. There is a third article about to be published giving the biographical stories of Manchester footballing pioneers John Nall, Fitzroy Norris and Joshua Parlby (MCFC's most prominent early leader). I'll let everyone know when that's available.

Thanks again.

Well done Gary and thanks as well for all the research and articles you have produced on MCFC. I look forward to the third article you mention, always interesting to learn about how our great club first emerged.

Very interesting and enlightening thesis. Great work and congratulations.I will be looking out for your articles from now on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.