Conspiracy Theories

MCFCinUSA said:
talkativesprout said:
The perfect fumble said:
This is how conspiracy theories work, in truth the government may or may not have the ability to do this, but I doubt very much whether it actually is, for very practical reasons.

I would think the Chinese know more about us than GCHQ. "Not in any don't trust the yellow skins kinda way", more a matter of numbers they would be able to throw at the listening stations adding to that they manufacture/ develope a large percentage of the hardware we use to connect to the web. Knowledge is power and i would think it is a way of preparation should someone go all Pinky and the Brain again.

ah ok :)

this is de rigueur in intelligence gathering, and has been going on before IT was in vogue; one of my friends used to sit in the US (at a military facility) and listen in on the Russians... I think what people have been talking about in this thread is the covert electronic storage of private information as part of the American intel gathering in conjunction with major American providers of communication services.

talkativesprout said:
MCFCinUSA said:
talkativesprout said:
I would think the Chinese know more about us than GCHQ. "Not in any don't trust the yellow skins kinda way", more a matter of numbers they would be able to throw at the listening stations adding to that they manufacture/ develope a large percentage of the hardware we use to connect to the web. Knowledge is power and i would think it is a way of preparation should someone go all Pinky and the Brain again.

ah ok :)

this is de rigueur in intelligence gathering, and has been going on before IT was in vogue; one of my friends used to sit in the US (at a military facility) and listen in on the Russians... I think what people have been talking about in this thread is the covert electronic storage of private information as part of the American intel gathering in conjunction with major American providers of communication services.

The Yanks still listen into everyone but from (coughs) at a facility near to a Spa town in Yorkshire, you can't miss it as there are a dozen or so oversized golf balls in the middle of the moor!!

TCIB said:
Many regulations and standards were broken, insufficient explanations or outright ignoring some issues make the 7/11 stuff hard to swallow as a truth.

The one that just popped into my head then is the procedure for dealing with a downed building.
They analyze every inch of the rubble usually but the twin towers were sent to a secure lockup in NY somewhere then flogged to china pronto.

It just seems so many bad or non existing answers all seem to afford the opportunity of foul play.
I am not saying it is this that or the other.
I do know i do not accept the official line given and it angers me these faceless bastards get to act with impunity.
That is just not true Guy.

In Greece, people think the CIA or whoever are spraying chemicals from planes a la Pussy Galore and her chick pilot insecticide machines in order to sedate the population. This is clearly just f***in stupid, because I'm angry all the time with the people who believe it, apart from anyone else.

The truth about conspiracy theories, in a thread-closing revelation, is that it doesn't matter if they are true or not. The purpose is simply to distract the population from something more serious, very much like Mourinho's twattish press statements draw attention away from a rubbish team performance. Greeks are looking at the skies and saying, ooh, it's a bit overcast, while the government fail to sell the f***ing gas company to the Russians - for what reason? They close the 70-odd-year-old state broadcaster with 4 hours' notice and people are wondering why it's A BIT F***ING CLOUDY?

Start shooting, I'm bored with the stories.

Yes or No answers only -

Do you believe Jesus and Mary Magdalene might have been married ? NO

Do you believe the Moon landing in 1969 was a hoax and staged in a studio ? NO

Do you believe the Holocaust was a "myth" ? NO

Do you believe Hitler committed suicide in his bunker in Berlin, 1945 ? YES

Do you believe JFK was assassinated by a single gunman named Lee Harvey Oswald ? YES

Do you believe the US Government allowed 9/11 to happen ? NO

Do you believe the Twin Towers fell by controlled explosions from inside the building ? NO

Do you believe Global warming is real and accelerating by Mankind ? YES

Do I believe Russia interfered in the US elections? Probably yes

edit - holy conspiracy theories didn't spot this was a thread bump

Last edited:
alright, I'd 'fess up to being a masochist looking at stuff like this, but I'm also making a very serious point.

it is alarming - as others have statistically confirmed the numbers of people who doubt the moon landings & commented on their worrying findings, and those who hold similar view points (and other 'conspiracy' ideas that are equally fanciful)

people seemingly cannot make informed decisions based upon competent gathering of information and logical discernment of what is real and what is crap; if they find something on the internet they rely on it as gospel, and are all too easily spoon fed bollocks. There have been other conclusions as why some people hold such divergent beliefs, but I've been there before and won't get into it here.

it's one thing to be right or wrong - we all make mistakes & hold mistaken beliefs, but to hold such distorted opinions about things that really shouldn't be too difficult to work through with a little thought and investigation, what does it mean?

suffice to say it's rather worrying from certain perspectives; there appear to be an awful lot of loonies around.

(and I'm sitting in a country right now where enough of them have put a loon into power, and the consequences are clear for all to see - rather worrying)
Then why are you alarmed at the responses, wether they agree or not with your own opinions. Until the www most just accepted what they were 'spoon fed' from the media, school etc. But now most are able discern that a lot of it was/is government/ global indoctrination so they seek their own conclusions, right or wrong.

Then why are you alarmed at the responses, wether they agree or not with your own opinions. Until the www most just accepted what they were 'spoon fed' from the media, school etc. But now most are able discern that a lot of it was/is government/ global indoctrination so they seek their own conclusions, right or wrong.
You do realise your quoting a 3 yr old post?

I share similar views to the comedian who BoyBlue posted video about on page 9, and the rest of what I've shared and why I've shared it is in previous links already up, which I'll not repeat.

We agree to differ on our perspectives on this, but when people engage in public conversation about such matters, from time to time (when I'm feeling masochistic - not megalomaniacal) I may make comment.

I'm laughing as well at some of this stuff, but rather than insulting people personally I find the overall phenomena rather sad, as it does have a serious side to it.
MCFCin

PS - Buzzer, in the videos overleaf the guy actually mentions the Dunning-Kruger effect!

;o)
But isn't saying that people that don't agree with you are "wilfully ignorant" insulting. As you said in your earlier post?
I'm enjoying this 'tête-à-tête', and personally have strong views regarding this discussion but am happy to keep them close to my chest. I may or may not agree with you, does not mean I/ we are "wilfully ignorant!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.