Consumerism

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
So where to begin...

Well Christmas starts here in late October, some of the bigger store's have the usual tripe displayed, fake tree's, tinsel, chocolate selections , usual tacky shite.
From then on in it just gets more and more into silly season, with piped Christmas music, the same crap you hear every year.....silly bastards covering their houses in tacky lights.
Anyway we get through November with all this background stuff, then come December and it's....what are you doing for Christmas? What shall we buy your mother, our Robert? Etc etc.
By Christmas day you've lost track of what day it is, then you get blasted by adds for Boxing day sales.....it all goes on till 2nd January, your brain is fucked by then of course and you've put on 3 kilograms

Here were gearing up now for Australia day so shops full of Australia day tripe , events advertised a days holiday, huge feasts to arrange of course.

Not long after it'll be Valentine's day which is getting to be big business here in Oz, shops full of chocolates, jewellers in overdrive, restaurants being all booked up etc etc........and oh look, feckin easters on the horizon:(

A desert island is beginning to sound Appealing!

Is it me turning into a grumpy old fecker or is everybody sick of it all?

So where to begin...

Well Christmas starts here in late October, some of the bigger store's have the usual tripe displayed, fake tree's, tinsel, chocolate selections , usual tacky shite.
From then on in it just gets more and more into silly season, with piped Christmas music, the same crap you hear every year.....silly bastards covering their houses in tacky lights.
Anyway we get through November with all this background stuff, then come December and it's....what are you doing for Christmas? What shall we buy your mother, our Robert? Etc etc.
By Christmas day you've lost track of what day it is, then you get blasted by adds for Boxing day sales.....it all goes on till 2nd January, your brain is fucked by then of course and you've put on 3 kilograms

Here were gearing up now for Australia day so shops full of Australia day tripe , events advertised a days holiday, huge feasts to arrange of course.

Not long after it'll be Valentine's day which is getting to be big business here in Oz, shops full of chocolates, jewellers in overdrive, restaurants being all booked up etc etc........and oh look, feckin easters on the horizon:(

A desert island is beginning to sound Appealing!

Is it me turning into a grumpy old fecker or is everybody sick of it all?
I'm pretty sick of being force fed bullshit adverts on TV about all those things you mentioned. Do you get 'Black Friday' over there yet? It's an American thing that caught on in the UK. Shows idiots on the news trying to grab a bargain whilst someone else tries to grab the bargain TV from them, then they start twatting each other. Idiotic behaviour yet amusing viewing.

I'm pretty sick of being force fed bullshit adverts on TV about all those things you mentioned. Do you get 'Black Friday' over there yet? It's an American thing that caught on in the UK. Shows idiots on the news trying to grab a bargain whilst someone else tries to grab the bargain TV from them, then they start twatting each other. Idiotic behaviour yet amusing viewing.
I did hear of black Friday but decided to completely ignore it, I'm sure I'll be forced to accept it eventually though

Another one that's getting bigger here is 'back to school '

Kids have their summer holidays in December/January here and soon it will start with all the adds for uniforms, tablets, bags etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.