Conte has a dig at City & United

MCFC1993

Wasn't sure if it should go in general or City forum.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/title-bound-chelsea-boss-antonio-10288690
Have to post the link.

Conte says spending money doesn't win titles then quotes 'the Manchester clubs' as an example, basically saying you need players that can play your style of football...apparently they just grow on trees, sign for free and play for free. Oh wait Chelsea spent £110m+ last summer.

Last edited:
Coming from the manager of Chelsea, it's a bit rich. That said, he has a point

Let's say we but Bonucci for 60mil. Yeah, he can defend in his own box in Italy, how is he fixed defending at the halfway line with no protection or cover?

We need horses for courses

Probably taken out of context by a scum at journo after a general question about spending. Ignore.

Oh wait Chelsea spent £110m+ last summer.
Most recent starting 11 with a cost of £235m too. He wants the Ranieri treatment for taking an "underdog" side to win a title against all odds with a cheaply assembled squad.

The article was written by John Cross. He was the reason I stopped buying the Mirror 4 years ago. The guys a knob who never misses a chance to put us down or mention money spent. I did email him a few times,but he was probably busy getting pissed on his expense account to reply to me. He came from under the same stone as Jamie Jackson. Useless lazy journalist and tosser.

It's a bit hypocritical if he has stated that you can't just buy success.

However I do think both us and United have spent incredibly poorly in recent years. The main reasons why we are both underachieving is because of bang average transfer policies.

Wasn't sure if it should go in general or City forum.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/title-bound-chelsea-boss-antonio-10288690
Have to post the link.

Conte says spending money doesn't win titles then quotes 'the Manchester clubs' as an example, basically saying you need players that can play your style of football...apparently they just grow on trees, sign for free and play for free. Oh wait Chelsea spent £110m+ last summer.

If he said anything, it would be in reply to a question wrapped in pretty paper, then his comments if any would of been wildly exaggerated or taken out of context by the ****s in the press

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.