Conte has a dig at City & United

Milton-Jones-008.jpg
Got tickets to see him in October.Just find him so funny ... but thats my daft sense of humour.

Neither can I. But anyone who’s followed City post-81 could never have anything but utter hatred for the smarmy two-bob, self-serving sanctimonious, odious cu.nts that come from “The Lane”. Fucking hate them. They’re fans are cu.nts.
I was at wembley in 81 but thankfully i can't remember a lot about it

I asked you, why did you only go back 5 years? It was a rhetorical question. We know full well that it's because it better suits you.

Actually, I don't have an agenda against City. Actually, I rather like City, Pep, Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne etc etc.
I'm not a statistician so I googled net spend to come up with those stats. I'm not going to write a treatise on the subject. If my posting stats freely available online is in anyway not fair, then, show, show what you consider to be a fairer view. But let's face it, in any analysis City is likely to be near the top in spending if not actually top.

Neither can I. But anyone who’s followed City post-81 could never have anything but utter hatred for the smarmy two-bob, self-serving sanctimonious, odious cu.nts that come from “The Lane”. Fucking hate them. They’re fans are cu.nts.

I'm with you mate. They are truly the Dark Side.

If anyone wants the true spending figures based on the last 5 seasons (2012/13 - 2016/17) you're looking at roughly (each site has them a little different):

1. Manchester City - £565,650,000 - 1 Premier League, 2 League Cups
2. Manchester United - £528,800,000 - 1 Premier League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, (Possible Europa League)
3. Chelsea - £507,459,000 - 1 Premier League, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa League (Looking like another Premier League and maybe an FA Cup)
4. Liverpool - £365,600,000 - Nothing.
5. Tottenham - £315,450,000 - Nothing.
6. Arsenal - £298,340,00 - 2 FA Cups. (Possibly another FA Cup)
12. Leicester - £129,700,000 - 1 Premier League.
13. Swansea - £122,375,000 - 1 League Cup.
With Wigan winning the other FA Cup that isn't listed.

So there it is without the net spend bollocks, something which only became a thing because of another scheme which was a load of bollocks; FFP. A scheme Chelsea's owner voted for once he'd spent half a billions pounds to join Europe's elite. There's no doubt Chelsea have done the best in the past 5 years and we've really underperformed but to sit on their high horse is laughable.

Poor old Chelsea.

For the avoidance of doubt, can I make clear my prejudices here, since it's being called into question by one poster?
Hopefully, it will avoid the need to repeat it.
I am a Gooner.
I hate Spurs more than any other team and by a country mile (obviously)
I hate Man Utd not as much as Spurs (obviously) but more than enough for reasons I really don't need to explain on here (obviously)
I don't care for Chelsea but they don't rank with the afore mentioned 2 above.
I really don't like Stoke but take pity on them given their fans are inbred and live in a shithole.
That's it. I am quite well disposed to City, Liverpool, Everton et al and enjoy away matches at those stadia.
There you have it.

For the avoidance of doubt, can I make clear my prejudices here, since it's being called into question by one poster?
Hopefully, it will avoid the need to repeat it.
I am a Gooner.
I hate Spurs more than any other team and by a country mile (obviously)
I hate Man Utd not as much as Spurs (obviously) but more than enough for reasons I really don't need to explain on here (obviously)
I don't care for Chelsea but they don't rank with the afore mentioned 2 above.
I really don't like Stoke but take pity on them given their fans are inbred and live in a shithole.
That's it. I am quite well disposed to City, Liverpool, Everton et al and enjoy away matches at those stadia.
There you have it.

I'm not trying to have a go at you mate, I just don't like the net spend argument it's based on far too many variables, most of which don't stand up to much in my opinion. I appreciate your opinion though and many people see clubs spending what on who differently.

However, I would put Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham's spending in a slightly different/lower category to Chelsea, City and United. Although Arsenal and Liverpool, particularly Arsenal are capable of matching the latter 3's levels but choose not to for various reasons.

I'm not trying to have a go at you mate, I just don't like the net spend argument it's based on far too many variables, most of which don't stand up to much in my opinion. I appreciate your opinion though and many people see clubs spending what on who differently.

However, I would put Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham's spending in a slightly different/lower category to Chelsea, City and United. Although Arsenal and Liverpool, particularly Arsenal are capable of matching the latter 3's levels but choose not to for various reasons.

Fair enough. I wasn't actually trying to prove anything and probably a bit lazy of me to google stats on net spend and present them as meaningful. The reality is that all the top teams spend a lot some more than most. I still think the amounts spent are obscene mind you but the old world of simple football I grew up on has long gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.