Cook or Soriano?

Well everything is rosy in your garden then . You must be absolutely thrilled.
To be fair, most people don't think about it but it's a bugbear of mine and a few other people. I was involved in a Supporters Trust 10 years ago and have been involved in Points of Blue whereas most just go to the game. Unless there's a direct impact (such as being forced to move seats or some other issue) then why should they care?

LOL. Point taken but have you seen anyone say that, as a fan, they feel so much more connected to the club these days?

To be honest mate all we talk about is the football part. The importance of 3 points against Stoke is the major issue for me right now.

Cook looked out of a window and watched City fans queuing in the rain for tickets, within weeks the ticket office was moved indoors. Cook sold the vision of the Global city group to our owner way ahead of anyone else. Marketing of the club with "Welcome to Manchester" Free Doves concert, opening of the city stores, kit launches, fans forums were all far more fan friendly under Cook. Players brought in under Cook should have been out of our reach at the time. Yes he made plenty of mistakes but he did far more good.

Under Soriano our profile is no bigger, recent player purchases have been very poor, no fans forums have taken place except City Live and City Weekend. Players no longer visit supporters clubs, marketing is limited to trying to sell tickets to games on local radio and talk sport, the media do not believe in the project and the ques on matchday are far worse than those Cook watched buying tickets and acted on immediately. I am 100% in agreement of the disabled bays being moved from the perimeter but image if they were still in place, the chaos we are witnessing this season would have been an injury or worse last season with cars trying to negotiate their way through the queues

LOL. Point taken but have you seen anyone say that, as a fan, they feel so much more connected to the club these days?

I don't feel any more or any less "connected". I'm not even sure what it means. Everything is more visible and transparent these days with the website and MCFCTV, and that will do for me. Without question I feel a lot more confident in the way the club is run than at any time in the last 40 years.

The club is bigger of course, so you can't just walk into reception on a Monday afternoon and talk to Bernard Halford. That's a good trade of for the world class football I watch every week, in my book.

To be fair, most people don't think about it but it's a bugbear of mine and a few other people. I was involved in a Supporters Trust 10 years ago and have been involved in Points of Blue whereas most just go to the game. Unless there's a direct impact (such as being forced to move seats or some other issue) then why should they care?

It's not just you though is it PB ?

Quite a few posters , myself included , have commented previously on " the feeling of detachment " from the club as we have grown, with the emphasis being placed upon revenues , admittedly because of the FFP shit which was forced upon the club.

I suspect many posters are just concerned with team performances, which is fine , but I thought the approach of Gary Cook raised the interest and feeling of belonging for many supporters . Something which Soriano obviously doesn't do or feel the need to do.

The post was obviously seeking out opinions from fans of all persuasions .

I am a long standing supporter, and City has always felt like a "fan friendly" club throughout the years, which has undergone massive transformation especially since 2008, and which feels less so now imo.

DeBruyne, Sterling, Stones, Sane, Jesus, Gundogon. I think not. Not Sorianos job anyway.

We're the best run club in the league, probably one of the best run clubs in the world. But we also have some fucking mardy, needy, supporters who don't know they're born and have forgotten their own history in the blink of an eye.

We're the best run club in the league, probably one of the best run clubs in the world. But we also have some fucking mardy, needy, supporters who don't know they're born and have forgotten their own history in the blink of an eye.
Best run based on what? Give me some measurable criteria that we can compare to other clubs.

Let's be blunt here and I mean no disrespect but you're hardly a regular attender these days are you? You've not had to queue for 40 minutes in the rain to be subjected to a perfunctory search and miss kick off. You've not had running battles with stewards telling you to sit down in an area previously agreed as one where fans can stand. You're not missing out on away on away tickets when you used to go to virtually every away game and should have enough points but can't get them because fewer tickets are going to people like you. You've not been arbitrarily moved from a seat you've sat in since 2003 to accommodate some JCL corporate who'll pay £15k a season to see into the tunnel and probably won't even be in the seat half the time. You haven't seen the club do things that a face-to-face meeting with a representative group of fans could sort out in 15 minutes.

Have you ever heard a fan of any club say that they feel more connected to their club now then they did 10, 15 or 20 years ago?

No.

Reading through your complaints, there's nothing that's not echoed on every single club forum in the country.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.