Cook or Soriano?

Best run based on what? Give me some measurable criteria that we can compare to other clubs.

Let's be blunt here and I mean no disrespect but you're hardly a regular attender these days are you? You've not had to queue for 40 minutes in the rain to be subjected to a perfunctory search and miss kick off. You've not had running battles with stewards telling you to sit down in an area previously agreed as one where fans can stand. You're not missing out on away on away tickets when you used to go to virtually every away game and should have enough points but can't get them because fewer tickets are going to people like you. You've not been arbitrarily moved from a seat you've sat in since 2003 to accommodate some JCL corporate who'll pay £15k a season to see into the tunnel and probably won't even be in the seat half the time. You haven't seen the club do things that a face-to-face meeting with a representative group of fans could sort out in 15 minutes.

All of the ills which you constantly bleat about are par for the course AROUND THE LEAGUE. They don't exist at City in isolation - go visit the website/forum of ANY big club and you'll find different versions of this thread. Ultimately they're all complaining about the modern game whilst being nostalgic about some halcyon days which simply didn't exist.

I appreciate you feel personally aggrieved by some of the changes which have been made and I acknowledge that some of them seem to be misguided at best. However that doesn't change the fact that we're the best run club in the league by some distance. I measure this by the FOOTBALL part of the club obviously, because really that's what matters.

Was going to PM this but I'll put it here. You can comment on how many matches I do/don't attend as often as you wish, it just makes you look a ****. Unless you have access to my travel itinerary and my City card details you've got no idea what games I'm at and what games I'm not at. Best on that basis that you stopped commenting on it. Nice one.

Have you ever heard a fan of any club say that they feel more connected to their club now then they did 10, 15 or 20 years ago?

No.

Reading through your complaints, there's nothing that's not echoed on every single club forum in the country.

Bingo. Football has changed and City have grown. That's nothing whatsoever to do with Soriano.

I don't feel any more or less "connected" than I did 5, 15 or 25 years ago. I definitely get treated better than the days of queuing up all night or getting baton charged by police horses, and the day-to-day activities of the club are a lot more transparent due to technology.

Bingo. Football has changed and City have grown. That's nothing whatsoever to do with Soriano.

I don't feel any more or less "connected" than I did 5, 15 or 25 years ago. I definitely get treated better than the days of queuing up all night or getting baton charged by police horses, and the day-to-day activities of the club are a lot more transparent due to technology.
Technology is the thing, it may not be used as well as it should be, but it means clubs can communicate with all their fans and don't need to be meeting small groups of fans. Obviously things can improve but the days of getting communication and opinion through groups of fans speaking for everyone are probably over at all clubs. I think the problem comes when opinion on matchday stuff is solicited from non attending supporters as well as attending fans. Can't be difficult to target surveys to just fans that have attended games over the last say 24 months.

All of the ills which you constantly bleat about are par for the course AROUND THE LEAGUE. They don't exist at City in isolation - go visit the website/forum of ANY big club and you'll find different versions of this thread. Ultimately they're all complaining about the modern game whilst being nostalgic about some halcyon days which simply didn't exist.

I appreciate you feel personally aggrieved by some of the changes which have been made and I acknowledge that some of them seem to be misguided at best. However that doesn't change the fact that we're the best run club in the league by some distance. I measure this by the FOOTBALL part of the club obviously, because really that's what matters.

Was going to PM this but I'll put it here. You can comment on how many matches I do/don't attend as often as you wish, it just makes you look a ****. Unless you have access to my travel itinerary and my City card details you've got no idea what games I'm at and what games I'm not at. Best on that basis that you stopped commenting on it. Nice one.
Sorry - that was a cheap shot. If we're just talking football then I'd agree with you that's there no comparison these days. But I'm not just talking about football but all the other things that come with going to a game. Even the rags - the most greedy, grasping club imaginable - are paying for their fans' visas for Rostov. Did our club stand behind the fans who lost money when they were told they couldn't buy tickets for Moscow, having already paid for travel & accommodation? After all the huff and puff about taking on UEFA over FFP, here was an issue they could have made some headway over. Yet all they said was that they planned to write to UEFA to express their disappointment over their actions. Probably would have cost the club £200k to recompense people yet they wouldn't do it. It's these sorts of things I'm talking about.

Technology is the thing, it may not be used as well as it should be, but it means clubs can communicate with all their fans and don't need to be meeting small groups of fans. Obviously things can improve but the days of getting communication and opinion through groups of fans speaking for everyone are probably over at all clubs. I think the problem comes when opinion on matchday stuff is solicited from non attending supporters as well as attending fans. Can't be difficult to target surveys to just fans that have attended games over the last say 24 months.

Which is why they send things through Cityzen membership. There may be some who pay £35 a year without ever going to games, but not many, it would cut out 99% of the online-only fans.

Which is why they send things through Cityzen membership. There may be some who pay £35 a year without ever going to games, but not many.
You may be right not sure how many Cityzen members there are, I was under the impression there were Cityzen members that were members through New York and Melbourne and other overseas Cityzens. Not quite sure how it works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.