Cook promises 'surprises' at City Dec 17 2008

blueref said:
No matter who we sign or how many we sign, I guarentee somebody will start a thread saying crap,waste of money,worse than what we got.

Too true. I can only suggest that Ric start a new forum for the negative amongst us [the apocryphal BlueMoan]. I take particular exception to the comments above yours for two reasons.

(1) As the newly crowned Richest Club in the World, following years of abject misery and whilst suffering the gloating from over the road, why can we not now get excited about the times to come? The players will come for the money, almost all professional sportspeople would, always have done and always will do. Although the cash is all that is on offer at the moment, the rest will follow.

(2) I note that people who do not even appear to live in Manchester take great pleasure in talking it down. It's one of the world's great connurbations and the first industrial city in human history. Sunshine is not everything. If you don't like it, don't bother crossing the City boundary, and then you won't have to worry about the congestion charge, will you? Then I may have to pay less in Manchester City Council Tax [and commercial rates] keeping the roads safe and tidy for you, so everyone will be a winner. So, please, go somewhere warm and just leave us alone, as we could do without the pollution, the noise and, most of all, the bloody moaning. CTID

coleridge said:
blueref said:
No matter who we sign or how many we sign, I guarentee somebody will start a thread saying crap,waste of money,worse than what we got.

Too true. I can only suggest that Ric start a new forum for the negative amongst us [the apocryphal BlueMoan]. I take particular exception to the comments above yours for two reasons.

(1) As the newly crowned Richest Club in the World, following years of abject misery and whilst suffering the gloating from over the road, why can we not now get excited about the times to come? The players will come for the money, almost all professional sportspeople would, always have done and always will do. Although the cash is all that is on offer at the moment, the rest will follow.

(2) I note that people who do not even appear to live in Manchester take great pleasure in talking it down. It's one of the world's great connurbations and the first industrial city in human history. Sunshine is not everything. If you don't like it, don't bother crossing the City boundary, and then you won't have to worry about the congestion charge, will you? Then I may have to pay less in Manchester City Council Tax [and commercial rates] keeping the roads safe and tidy for you, so everyone will be a winner. So, please, go somewhere warm and just leave us alone, as we could do without the pollution, the noise and, most of all, the bloody moaning. CTID

I'm taking those comments are directed at me.What the fuck has the industrial revolution or the congestion charge got to do with a multi millionaire footballer chosing milan over manchester??

As i said when your a multi multi millionaire,it becomes less about the money and more about the lifestyle.I know where I would rather live.

staffs_blue said:
coleridge said:

I'm taking those comments are directed at me.What the fuck has the industrial revolution or the congestion charge got to do with a multi millionaire footballer chosing milan over manchester??

As i said when your a multi multi millionaire,it becomes less about the money and more about the lifestyle.I know where I would rather live.

do you not belive footballers actully look at the footballing side of things,as in a new challenge in a new league wanting to achive a certain staus in being part of a team that possibly could win trophys?

This surprise wouldn't be dropping into the bottom 3 by any chance, would it?

staffs_blue said:
scorer said:
I would really love to think that Kaka would join us.

My doubts are around the fact that we (IMO) are highly unlikely to qualify for UEFA next year... never mind Champions League.

These players are wealthy enough to have the luxury of choosing success over cash and I'm afraid that is why we will struggle to bring any more "world class" supertars to the club.

TBH I doubt Robinho would have joined us had we been in the mess we are in now. These guys do have standards you know.

Spot on.

You have 2 imagine yourselves in their position.Take Kaka as the example.

You live in a villa with a swimming pool and drive a ferrari and a range rover sport.You have everything you could want.U earn £100,000 per week from your club plus other endorsements from adidas etc..
You play for arguably the biggest club in Italy,and are there or thereabouts every season with regards to challenging for titles and cups.You are managed by a world class manager in Carlo Ancellotti.

Along come Manchester City.They offer you £200,000 a week to live in sunny cheshire.
You can join in january but you cant play in the UEFA cup because you are cup-tied.You would be joining a club who are 17th in the Premier League,struggling for form and unlikely to get in europe next season.your fellow brazillians are not happy and you are managed by a manager who is looking more and more out of his depth with every game that passes.

Tough choice......

Top post.

Funny now when someone makes a post full of realistic valid points like that none of the "dreamteamers" have a comeback.

FORZA CITY said:
staffs_blue said:
Spot on.

You have 2 imagine yourselves in their position.Take Kaka as the example.

You live in a villa with a swimming pool and drive a ferrari and a range rover sport.You have everything you could want.U earn £100,000 per week from your club plus other endorsements from adidas etc..
You play for arguably the biggest club in Italy,and are there or thereabouts every season with regards to challenging for titles and cups.You are managed by a world class manager in Carlo Ancellotti.

Along come Manchester City.They offer you £200,000 a week to live in sunny cheshire.
You can join in january but you cant play in the UEFA cup because you are cup-tied.You would be joining a club who are 17th in the Premier League,struggling for form and unlikely to get in europe next season.your fellow brazillians are not happy and you are managed by a manager who is looking more and more out of his depth with every game that passes.

Tough choice......

Top post.

Funny now when someone makes a post full of realistic valid points like that none of the "dreamteamers" have a comeback.

wrong!read my post previous.

leewill31 said:
staffs_blue said:

do you not belive footballers actully look at the footballing side of things,as in a new challenge in a new league wanting to achive a certain staus in being part of a team that possibly could win trophys?

of course they do,but (using kaka again) he aint stupid and knows city are 3-4 years off challenging for a league.in that time with milan he might win a champions league and a couple of league titles.

Just 'cos we have pot loads of cash doesnt change the fact we are serious underachievers and aint the most attractive proposition to the likes of messi and kaka.

zeusbheld said:
i suspect the change of message is more motivated by absurd rumors like the 120MM plus alleged bid for Casillas. Cook is playing all this rather carefully; he could be effective as a politician--he manages to hint at a lot, but ambiguously, so that he can't be pinned down on anything.

Agreed, I think Cook has been told to temper the speculation in the press somewhat. After all, some of the figures being quoted are ludicrous.

And the fella who originally came out with fantastic statements (couple of days into the takeover) was quickly sidelined by the real powers that be.

You don't put all your cards on the table after all, and I think this statement simply shows that the owners want to let other clubs do the guesswork on what agenda we have re transfers in.
Good statement from all concerned.

mackenzie said:
zeusbheld said:
i suspect the change of message is more motivated by absurd rumors like the 120MM plus alleged bid for Casillas. Cook is playing all this rather carefully; he could be effective as a politician--he manages to hint at a lot, but ambiguously, so that he can't be pinned down on anything.

Agreed, I think Cook has been told to temper the speculation in the press somewhat. After all, some of the figures being quoted are ludicrous.

And the fella who originally came out with fantastic statements (couple of days into the takeover) was quickly sidelined by the real powers that be.

You don't put all your cards on the table after all, and I think this statement simply shows that the owners want to let other clubs do the guesswork on what agenda we have re transfers in.
Good statement from all concerned.

good post aswell :)

staffs_blue

As you extolled the virtues of living in a villa with a swimming pool as opposed to sunny cheshire, you should understand the reference to the greatness of the city of Manchester. But, then, your 'tough choice' was to live in Staffordshire, which is a lovely place but only around 50 miles closer to the Med than COMS is. And what is it about the lifestyle of Manchester that is so objectionable to anyone with serious money? Maybe you have been paying too much attention to the London media. In conclusion, I am the one that is confused.

However, yours was apparently a 'top post' and so what do I know?

And for everyone else, what is your majority evidence to suggest that professional footballers are not primarily motivated by money?

Brought to you live from the greatest city in the world. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.