Cook promises 'surprises' at City Dec 17 2008

coleridge said:
staffs_blue

As you extolled the virtues of living in a villa with a swimming pool as opposed to sunny cheshire, you should understand the reference to the greatness of the city of Manchester. But, then, your 'tough choice' was to live in Staffordshire, which is a lovely place but only around 50 miles closer to the Med than COMS is. And what is it about the lifestyle of Manchester that is so objectionable to anyone with serious money? Maybe you have been paying too much attention to the London media. In conclusion, I am the one that is confused.

However, yours was apparently a 'top post' and so what do I know?

And for everyone else, what is your majority evidence to suggest that professional footballers are not primarily motivated by money?

Brought to you live from the greatest city in the world. CTID

'My choice' wasnt to live in Staffordshire,I was born here unfortunately.

You seem to think I have a problem with Manchester,which I think is obvious to others is simply not the case.

I guess only time will tell if Kaka chooses Milan over Manchester.I sincerely hope you are right but I for one shall not be getting my hopes up.

scottyboi said:
mackenzie said:
Agreed, I think Cook has been told to temper the speculation in the press somewhat. After all, some of the figures being quoted are ludicrous.

And the fella who originally came out with fantastic statements (couple of days into the takeover) was quickly sidelined by the real powers that be.

You don't put all your cards on the table after all, and I think this statement simply shows that the owners want to let other clubs do the guesswork on what agenda we have re transfers in.
Good statement from all concerned.

good post aswell :)

And not a hint of Grade A yeast infection ANYWHERE!

LOL! ;-)

I would think silly wages offered will in effect bring whoever we want

Wages of £190-£200 thousand a year will tempt any Galactico out there, the board may not be stupid, but they will pay those sorts of wages, there may be a budget on transfer but there will be no budget set on the players wages at the end of the day.

End of thread no matter what Mr cook says.

NICKS BACK said:
I would think silly wages offered will in effect bring whoever we want

Wages of £190-£200 thousand a year will tempt any Galactico out there, the board may not be stupid, but they will pay those sorts of wages, there may be a budget on transfer but there will be no budget set on the players wages at the end of the day.

End of thread no matter what Mr cook says.

If cook flew to barcelona tomorrow and offered Lionel Messi £250k a week i guarentee he would not come to manchester city.
Maybe if Mourinho or Capello was manager and we were in Champions League contention,but not now!

staffs_blue said:
If cook flew to barcelona tomorrow and offered Lionel Messi £250k a week i guarentee he would not come to manchester city.
quote]

I think you underestimate the power of money of that amount.

Not saying that such greed is good, more that players can be swayed by ridiculous amounts. And let's not forget their agents influence in deals like that.

mackenzie said:
staffs_blue said:
quote]

I think you underestimate the power of money of that amount.

Not saying that such greed is good, more that players can be swayed by ridiculous amounts. And let's not forget their agents influence in deals like that.

hmmmm.Messi is adored in Barcelona,and he loves it there.I couldnt see it to be honest.

staffs_blue said:
hmmmm.Messi is adored in Barcelona,and he loves it there.I couldnt see it to be honest.

I'll take your knowledge on such things sb as I pay little attention to overseas players. However, money talks. Especially with agents.

mackenzie said:
staffs_blue said:

I'll take your knowledge on such things sb as I pay little attention to overseas players. However, money talks. Especially with agents.

I just think we are 2 seasons away from signing the top top players of the world.if the money gets silly enough(like the reported buffon deal) then you never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.