Corners (again)

should concentrate on keeping possession from throw -ins first
one step at a time

And, before that, learning how do do a throw-in that isn't a foul throw.

And, at the other end, i'd leave one of our short-arsed speed-merchants on the halfway line to occupy a couple of their players and take them out of the game.

You need players to attack the ball at corners. Only one whoever does that is Kompany. Success rate should improve now he's back. Indeed he scored from one recently didn't he?

This is the most important ingredient in scoring from corners.
You also need flexibility, at least 4 different corner routines.
I always remember the bobby Mac Dennis tuart near post corners which were very successful.
I wish de bruyne would try some using his free kick technique.
Of course you also need the time to drill the routines and I hope to see better next season.

It seems that now Sane and KDB stand over many of the corners from the left. Sane takes 95% of them and those he doesn't KDB takes on his own. Why have them both over the ball when it's clear which one is going to take it? Only real reason I can think of is that it drags a defender out to cover the short one-but that could be done with KDB on the corner of the box in a much more threatening position.

Not sure anybody's taken a corner in training for about 5 years judging by our scoring record from them!

Resurrected this but with a different slant.
We had lots of corners today but were they all slung into the box?
Anyone remember a recent game where we took no short corners??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.