Could Wayne Bridge spell G.o.o.d.b.y.e. V.a.s.s.e.l.l. ?

Lord BLue said:
I love the effort that Vass puts in. But I have to admit to thinking he's on borrowed time, again no disrepect to the guy. That is to say, surely we're looking to spend some of our cash on upgrading him.

Surely your not suggesting the Vass be refferred for some lipo action?? ;)

Jimbojames said:
Is it just me that think Vassell, for as hard as he tries just doesn't cut the mustard in the Premier League anymore?? No disrepect to Vass, he gives 110% every game but I just despair sometimes. I lose count how many times he falls over during a match. Very much like Benjani.

I think he is a confidence player and he hasn't had much of that lately with his injury at the start of the season and some fans getting on his back,it's almost like when Monty first came into the England cricket team low in confidence in himself and made some mistakes and was getting jeered from some but now everyone is behind him and love the guy and he starting performing, we should show the same support towards Vass.

Saying that though cricket fans are class and on a different level to other sports fans imo.

Second guessing Hughes he is likely to use Bridge as follows, Vassell I think will stay even should Bellamy arrive. assuming all fit.

Home
.....................................................................(Given)...........................................................

Richards....................................Toure.................................Dunne.........................Bridge

SWP................(Toure/Parker)........................Ireland.............................Kompany...............Robinho

...........................................................(RSC/Bojinov/Another)

Away

....................................................................(Given).................................................................

Richards................................Toure.....................................Dunne......................Ball/Garrido

...................SWP...................Toure/Parker)......................Kompany....................Bridge

..............................................................Robinho or Ireland..................................................

.................................................................Another...............................................................

Lord BLue said:
I love the effort that Vass puts in. But I have to admit to thinking he's on borrowed time, again no disrepect to the guy. That is to say, surely we're looking to spend some of our cash on upgrading him.

He could do with a pair of those futuristic leg things, from puma, fitted. Anyone remember that advert? everyone looking half man half goat.

bluearmy71 said:
Jimbojames said:
Is it just me that think Vassell, for as hard as he tries just doesn't cut the mustard in the Premier League anymore?? No disrepect to Vass, he gives 110% every game but I just despair sometimes. I lose count how many times he falls over during a match. Very much like Benjani.

I think he is a confidence player and he hasn't had much of that lately with his injury at the start of the season and some fans getting on his back,it's almost like when Monty first came into the England cricket team low in confidence in himself and made some mistakes and was getting jeered from some but now everyone is behind him and love the guy and he starting performing, we should show the same support towards Vass.

Saying that though cricket fans are class and on a different level to other sports fans imo.
Vassell is useless and has no place anywhere near the side. Forget sentimentality, you just have to look at his performances this season. I've also got to say I'm not sure why he has got this reputation that he's such a 'tryer' too. The amount of times this year I've seen people ghost past him and he's done nothing, just can't be ignored.

Monty started to get wickets (his job) and that's why the England fans began to like him - if he hadn't then they wouldn't have supported him. Look at their reaction to the likes of Ian Bell when he first came in a year too early or the reaction to The King of Spain. Also Monty's silly celebration after getting a wicket didn't hurt either. English fans of any sport love that gear - look at the ridiculous reaction to Crouch acting like a knob when he scored.

Wooderbeen said:
bluearmy71 said:

Vassell is useless and has no place anywhere near the side. Forget sentimentality, you just have to look at his performances this season. I've also got to say I'm not sure why he has got this reputation that he's such a 'tryer' too. The amount of times this year I've seen people ghost past him and he's done nothing, just can't be ignored.

Monty started to get wickets (his job) and that's why the England fans began to like him - if he hadn't then they wouldn't have supported him. Look at their reaction to the likes of Ian Bell when he first came in a year too early or the reaction to The King of Spain. Also Monty's silly celebration after getting a wicket didn't hurt either. English fans of any sport love that gear - look at the ridiculous reaction to Crouch acting like a knob when he scored.

Errmm don't think you are getting what i mean there but what i was saying was i think he is not fully confident at the moment meaning making some mistakes whilst on the ball giving it away and so on which am sure with time and effort he will get back too were he was and he doesn't have to play every game does he, i think he will be a useful squad member this season but he will be a goner at the end of the season but whist he is here we should get behind him as all the team and manager no sentiment involved really he is a city player get behind him while he has that blue shirt on.

The Monty bit was meant as a example about confidence and Monty didn't have much of it but the England fans realized that and started cheering his mistakes because we knew he was a cracking bowler low on confidence which is a major factor if you are to perform well, of course there is more involved but Vass is a proven premiership player and should not be hounded out like this by fans when it looks inevitable that he is not going to be a major part of the clubs plans anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.