Could we conceivably Sell or release 20+ players ?

Well if he doesn't we'll still be fecked next season. Nowhere near good enough as a keeper.

He'll be second choice keeper and he'll improve just like Willy did after his first season. It will have very little bearing on our season, stop getting hysterical.

I think Clichy needs to be in the team and playing every week if you're going to get the best out of him. When you put him into the team for a couple of weeks and then drop him, well then his level of performance drops markedly. That's why I'm more concerned about keeping him. :-)

I thought there would have been more emotion and fanfare if he were leaving- here longer than Navas, Sagna, Iheanacho, but the fact that he played the full ninety suggests to me he might be staying one more year.
Yes, possibly. Get your drift with the body language though, no tell tale waves or the like from him or any of the others in fact.

Anybody else think sterling will be off? Pep seemed to bench him more towards the end of the season and will all the incoming signings will see sterling as the odd one out as not world class. I like him but if pep was offered 50m by someone then surely they would sell?

I like him and hope we don't but he's certainly going to be down the pecking order with

Aguero
Sane
Jesus
Mbappe/Sanchez
Bernardo
Silva
Bernardo and Silva will play in midfield more often especially David, so that make him 5th choice for 3 positions with 60 games he get plenty of chances.

I like him and hope we don't but he's certainly going to be down the pecking order with

Aguero
Sane
Jesus
Mbappe/Sanchez
Bernardo
Silva
Think Bernardo will play more in midfield than wing. Also Pep picks the XI based on form and the opposition. Every player will get chances to stake their claim in the team + we will be going for all 4 competitions.

Anybody else think sterling will be off? Pep seemed to bench him more towards the end of the season and will all the incoming signings will see sterling as the odd one out as not world class. I like him but if pep was offered 50m by someone then surely they would sell?
Nope. He was benched for a combination of tactical and injury reasons.

First, he is a great player—perhaps not world class (though, he still could be) but definitely upper echelon for his position. Second, he is English and there are very few top class English players right now so there is absolutely no reason to sell one we already have; with the HG rules we can't be getting rid of the few we have, as well. Third, Pep likes him and thinks he can improve him.

No. On top of what others have said, look at how many games he played last season. I think only de Bruyne had more starts, so it was little surprise that he was rested toward the end of the term. The more carefully we use players, the more we'll get out of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.