council tax

Vic

How would you pay for social care? (Other than a Tory council threatening a referendum and then getting more money from a Tory government, which I think elsewhere is called corruption)

An extra 10% tax on earnings over £150k pa, taken at source and not eligible for tax relief under any circumstances.
Anybody earning that amount can certainly afford it.
I admit I don't know whether sufficient people earn that much for the increased tax income to cover the funding shortfall.

Council tax, The most unfair tax going. Bands go from A-H and you pay based on value of your property. Yet the value ends at £320K. So basically someone who has a property in the millions is charged at the £320K and above band yet the average house price owner is hammered!

Nothing at the moment. I would rather be shown proof that the taxes we all already pay are used efficiently and correctly at both a local and central government level before I'd commit to paying any more. I don't mean whether Trident is a good deal and so on either but how much is wasted on quangoes, Ministerial SPADS , locally elected mayors and their office support, Police and fucking Crime commissioners - the list is endless - highly paid tax draining wastes of fucking time that use up money that could be better utilised for the folk that actually pay it all in tax in the first place.

Council tax, The most unfair tax going. Bands go from A-H and you pay based on value of your property. Yet the value ends at £320K. So basically someone who has a property in the millions is charged at the £320K and above band yet the average house price owner is hammered!

Its ok they make up the shortfall by cutting money out of the social welfare provision budget as alluded to in the OP.

Make companies pay their fair share of tax, e.g. Boots taking millions from the public purse in NHS charges whilst avoiding tax for years.

Make companies pay their fair share of tax, e.g. Boots taking millions from the public purse in NHS charges whilst avoiding tax for years.
Simples isn't it?

Only this.

But we live in a corpocracy that uslebs will be forced deeper into debt slavery to cover.

That's not true though and is very naieve.
We agree on something.

Wealth is relative.

This is something that confuses me.

I'm on a liveable salary, yet still struggle. One of my mates is on 10 grand a year less but has a knack for making his cash work for him.

I agree with @bluethrunthru proposal. If there were truly independent council auditors we'd probably find the money from what's available. Sadly we have so many rotten boroughs ran in the name of all major parties it needs a lot of shit (and people) cleaned out first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.