Court challenge against FFP

higgi1p

Seeing as how UEFA seem to be on the warpath again, what was the outcome of said challenge or is it still ongoing ?

How much dirt do we need on Gill to get him sorted. Someone must know who he took it up the arse from. Shirley.

My understanding is that it was referred to the ECJ from the Belgian courts and the ECJ rejected it on a procedural basis. Striani says the case is not dead however but no one seem to know where it is heading.

http://www.cityam.com/220741/bullish-uefa-declares-victory-legal-fight-over-ffp-future

They need to find a European domestic high court to take it on. UEFA are delighted to have more time to work on their "for the greater good of AC Milan" defence.

They need to find a European domestic high court to take it on. UEFA are delighted to have more time to work on their "for the greater good of AC Milan" defence.
They originally brought the case in a Belgian court but that court said it wasn't competent to rule on a European question and referred the case to the ECJ. I suspect any domestic case would have to be brought in Switzerland, as that's where UEFA is domiciled.

They originally brought the case in a Belgian court but that court said it wasn't competent to rule on a European question and referred the case to the ECJ. I suspect any domestic case would have to be brought in Switzerland, as that's where UEFA is domiciled.
Going from memory here but I'm sure the ECJ said that the case was within the Belgian courts remit and shouldn't have been referred. Swiss courts aren't in the EU so a decision there would be pointless.

Going from memory here but I'm sure the ECJ said that the case was within the Belgian courts remit and shouldn't have been referred. Swiss courts aren't in the EU so a decision there would be pointless.
Expect uefa lawyers to raise technical points such as this and kick it into the long grass forever. Since we began running at a profit and some of the uefa pet clubs have hit hard times the appetite to impose ffp seems to have mysteriously dried up. Bent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.