Courtney Meppen-Walter. - court verdict (P7)

And this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36099522
"Conviction quashed, evidence was unsafe"

It seems very strange that McDonald got off when they were both accused, and the case was meant to be that she was too drunk to consent, but there is CCTV of them going into the hotel and she isn't swaying around or anything.

Not necessarily a black and white case.

Besides that, what Meppen-Walters did is nothing like what Evans was accused of. Meppen-Walters got in a car whilst off his head, a stupid thing to do, and it has cost people's lives in the end, but he did not set out to kill them, he drove a car drunk - many people do it. He's served time in the nick, now he is free to be employed in any trade.

Yeah mate, think you've misunderstood my intention behind that post, was trying to show that i agree with your last sentence

Yeah mate, think you've misunderstood my intention behind that post, was trying to show that i agree with your last sentence

I was just adding my extra two cents haha, good to see that some people believe in rehabilitation in our society

He wasn't drunk (or on drugs), he was just being a prat behind the wheel that had serious consequences. From memory there was suspicion that he was racing his mate but I don't think there was any evidence to prove that.

Pretty sure that the press said he was nicked under drink-driving laws as well as manslaughter? (sp?)

Mind you, it would have been the Sun, the Mirror, and the Daily Mail, can't trust a word of any of them

Do you still think it's harsh now he's been found not guilty?

He wasn't found innocent though, just the evidence wasn't enough to uphold the guilty verdict.

To add to that, the girl never wanted to pursue a conviction, it was the CPS who pushed for it. Her identity was revealed by a Sheffield United team mate and she subsequently received sickening abuse and both death and rape threats, all of which was repeated during the appeal hearing.

So yeah, to call her a c*** is a bit harsh to say the least.

He wasn't found innocent though, just the evidence wasn't enough to uphold the guilty verdict.

To add to that, the girl never wanted to pursue a conviction, it was the CPS who pushed for it. Her identity was revealed by a Sheffield United team mate and she subsequently received sickening abuse and both death and rape threats, all of which was repeated during the appeal hearing.

So yeah, to call her a c*** is a bit harsh to say the least.
Is he guilty then? No? Guessing youre one of these no smoke without fire types. If is not guilty you could do worse than look up the antonym of the word guilty. You will see the word innocent. As for your other points I concur, I agree her anonymity was shamefully exposed, though I counter that with the suggestion that perhaps anonymity should be a two way street until at least such a time a safe conviction has been secured. All that said, he is guilty of being a lowlife cheat who did not deserve the support his girlfriend/fiance afforded him, but I don't think that carries a two year sentence and the ruination of a career at its probable peak.

Is he guilty then? No? Guessing youre one of these no smoke without fire types. If is not guilty you could do worse than look up the antonym of the word guilty. You will see the word innocent. As for your other points I concur, I agree her anonymity was shamefully exposed, though I counter that with the suggestion that perhaps anonymity should be a two way street until at least such a time a safe conviction has been secured. All that said, he is guilty of being a lowlife cheat who did not deserve the support his girlfriend/fiance afforded him, but I don't think that carries a two year sentence and the ruination of a career at its probable peak.

Took the words out of my mouth. Another thing I'd mention, why were the court told she was paraletic and could hardly walk on the night yet the CCTV evidence showed her walking back to the taxi in her high heels unaided for the pizza she left?

_86708725_1732e9ca-a9fc-46e4-b864-66d48b95a00a.jpg

Wouldn't shed a tear if he drowned when they released him.

Is that Courtney Moppin-Water?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.