Coventry City - bigger than Manchester City! (says the Cov Telegraph)

Fully with you. It's a semi final. They should not be held at Wembley but at a neutral ground sort of equal distance from both clubs. In this case, Villa Park.

It's the FA, the stadium overspend and Keeeerrrrrrching!!!
Villa Park holds 42000 and to be honest it's a bit of a shithole now,given the choice I'd prefer to go to Wembley I do fully understand people who don't want to travel down though specially on a Sunday.

Fully with you. It's a semi final. They should not be held at Wembley but at a neutral ground sort of equal distance from both clubs. In this case, Villa Park.

It's the FA, the stadium overspend and Keeeerrrrrrching!!!
With the exception of the Final v Stoke,I`ve been to every other Wembley Final we`ve been in since 1969 against Leicester.
Its nothing more than as you say an FA money rip off for true fans and I shall be sat in my local boozer with loads of other City fans,watching,shouting,screaming,singing and swearing ... and thats before the Guinness !!!!

Villa Park holds 42000 and to be honest it's a bit of a shithole now,given the choice I'd prefer to go to Wembley I do fully understand people who don't want to travel down though specially on a Sunday.
Being retired mate its of no consequence to me what day they play it.However, some people may not get the chance of going again and I certainly don`t begrudge any one else going,its just my own personal stance on the matter,nothing to do with finances,I just hate the thought of FA Cup semi finals at a ground that should be preserved for Finals only.
Yes I`m an old twat and perhaps I do like the old FA Cup traditions and it will possibly never revert back to neutral venues being used.Some of the finest and memorable semi finals that I`ve been to were superb and I found the occasion and atmosphere wonderful.
Ah the fucking good old days hey. ;)

With the exception of the Final v Stoke,I`ve been to every other Wembley Final we`ve been in since 1969 against Leicester.
Its nothing more than as you say an FA money rip off for true fans and I shall be sat in my local boozer with loads of other City fans,watching,shouting,screaming,singing and swearing ... and thats before the Guinness !!!!
But there's always that little huddle of Utd fans waiting with baited breath for Le Arse to score so they can start cheering,worth the day out in London to avoid that.

Being retired mate its of no consequence to me what day they play it.However, some people may not get the chance of going again and I certainly don`t begrudge any one else going,its just my own personal stance on the matter,nothing to do with finances,I just hate the thought of FA Cup semi finals at a ground that should be preserved for Finals only.
Yes I`m an old twat and perhaps I do like the old FA Cup traditions and it will possibly never revert back to neutral venues being used.Some of the finest and memorable semi finals that I`ve been to were superb and I found the occasion and atmosphere wonderful.
Ah the fucking good old days hey. ;)
Only ever been to one, Ipswich at Villa Park course we didn't get to many back then so that was some day . The other two semi finals have both been at Wembley, I've got a mate just like you though goes to every game home and away but not a semi at Wembley each to their own, I don't have a problem with it in the least. If Villa Park was still standing or bigger I'd prefer it there but lets be honest if we take what 32 or 33k to Wembley possibly more to Villa Park it don't leave much room for the Arsenal fans, if we then get 18k or so each imagine the thread on here, Supporters Club, Points Whores, corporate and Belgians would be getting slaughtered.

I may be in the minority with my view - but if we dont sell out for this its an absolute disgrace.
Why?
5 trains back north from Euston after the game if it goes to pens. For around two weeks now the price of these has been £90 off-peak for a single ticket £150 return for most tickets - Some return tickets for around £98 on the penultimate andp antepenultimate trains (probably standing - if you can get on)
Every car park near outer rim London Underground station will be nearly full with Marathon runners/supporters cars when we get there.
A club that takes as much money from us as possible at every opportunity.
I know the tickets were only £30 (mine was) but even so thats a lot of dosh...

What are the Arsenal Fans excuses they returned 3000?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.