Coventry City

Am I going soft in the head, or am I actually correct in thinking that I saw Sammy McIlroy score for us there at the beginning of a season? Looking at what I've typed there, it just screams out "nooooo".

Scored a belter, ran across to all the travelling fans, who all as one flicked the 2 fingers to him with a chorus of you red bastard.

Their ''fans'' have sold 45,000 plus tickets for the whatever cup it is called these days (former Freight Rover Trophy) yet for home games they can't muster 10,000. Town full of rags, dippers and Villa fans.
Hope Oxford stuff them.

Could be relegated (with a bit of luck) by the end of the week!

Possibly moving to a ground built originally as a college sports ground - now owned by Cov RUFC club.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39342738

Long may their demise continue.....

Last edited:
before the take over at man city and after the Franny Lee sale there was a good chance Ray Ranson was going to take over manchester city he was head of SISU consortium they was the first choice of many people back then to buy man city was the board was talking to them you bet your life they was

how lucky we are not coventry city right now and back then coventry was a bigger club then manchester city and had one of the longest stays in the top division behind arsenal and everton its a funny old game

before the take over at man city and after the Franny Lee sale there was a good chance Ray Ranson was going to take over manchester city he was head of SISU consortium they was the first choice of many people back then to buy man city was the board was talking to them you bet your life they was

how lucky we are not coventry city right now and back then coventry was a bigger club then manchester city and had one of the longest stays in the top division behind arsenal and everton its a funny old game

Weren't the red dippers just ahead of them as well?

To be fair to John Wardle, he wouldn't have any dealings with Ranson. Whether he thought it was because Franny Lee was backing him or whether he seriously smelled a rat I'm not entirely sure but when you consider he sold to Thaksin, he really must have had severe doubts about Ranson.

We (the Supporters trust) were talking to Ranson at that time but it was very frustrating as he wasn't forthcoming about the source of funding or what role fans could play in the future under his consortium. Looking at coventry and us, the one major thing we had in common was playing in a stadium we didn't own. SISU tried to blackmail the owners of the Ricoh and then to bankrupt it (in which case they'd have got it at a knock-down price) but Wasps took it over and so removed that threat. You do wonder if they'd have tried the same trick with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.