Coventry City

before the take over at man city and after the Franny Lee sale there was a good chance Ray Ranson was going to take over manchester city he was head of SISU consortium they was the first choice of many people back then to buy man city was the board was talking to them you bet your life they was

how lucky we are not coventry city right now and back then coventry was a bigger club then manchester city and had one of the longest stays in the top division behind arsenal and everton its a funny old game
Coventry have never been a bigger club than City

Coventry have never been a bigger club than City

i meant at the time they was a better run club and had a better record at the top level and like or not man city was a yoyo club without a pot to piss in coventry was a midtable team year after year and from 1983 what was manchester city best ever stay in the top league and even coventry won the fa cup

you can laugh now with what is happening at manchester city right now but the 1960s/70s is a long time ago we then went 30odd years without silverware and yoyo the leagues and in that time coventry stayed in the top league until they went down

Their ''fans'' have sold 45,000 plus tickets for the whatever cup it is called these days (former Freight Rover Trophy) yet for home games they can't muster 10,000. Town full of rags, dippers and Villa fans.
Hope Oxford stuff them.

Could be relegated (with a bit of luck) by the end of the week!

Possibly moving to a ground built originally as a college sports ground - now owned by Cov RUFC club.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39342738

Long may their demise continue.....

I know a couple of people who went to a fans forum in Earlsdon the other night. Apparently, moving to the butts will never happen.

Also, the proper Coventry fans I know are staying away from Wembley as well as the Ricoh.

We can all laugh and joke but the reality is it could have been us. There but for the grace of God and all that....I feel for the real fans watching their beloved club disintegrating in front of their eyes.

We can all laugh and joke but the reality is it could have been us. There but for the grace of God and all that....I feel for the real fans watching their beloved club disintegrating in front of their eyes.

so true

i made the point about ray ranson he even had the supporters clubs eating from his hands ??? man city was that low we would have sold our great tea lady to fund any deal at the time and i always remember a club meeting about moving to the new stadium think it was about 1998ish and somebody asked how can you not own your ground knowing its the only thing of value to football clubs and without a ground its just a name on a paper

how true is that now to coventry city HISTORY MEANS FUCK ALL

i meant at the time they was a better run club and had a better record at the top level and like or not man city was a yoyo club without a pot to piss in coventry was a midtable team year after year and from 1983 what was manchester city best ever stay in the top league and even coventry won the fa cup

you can laugh now with what is happening at manchester city right now but the 1960s/70s is a long time ago we then went 30odd years without silverware and yoyo the leagues and in that time coventry stayed in the top league until they went down
Coventry were never mid table year after year..... these fuckers were always escaping relegation on the last day..... even fixed the late starting of one game against Bristol City in the late 70's (either Cov or Bristol would have gone down had Sunderland won at Everton, but they lost.... Jimmy Hill ordered the Sunderland score to be flashed up on the scoreboard and the last 15 mins cov and Bristol passed to each other at walking pace....)
When Luton beat is in 83 and we went down (first time all season we'd been in the bottom 3) guess which club were 4th from bottom, one point above us..... yes cov.
When we went down in 96, cov were above us on goal difference only.
cov CITY = conference in two years. Hopefully.

Coventry were never mid table year after year..... these fuckers were always escaping relegation on the last day..... even fixed the late starting of one game against Bristol City in the late 70's (either Cov or Bristol would have gone down had Sunderland won at Everton, but they lost.... Jimmy Hill ordered the Sunderland score to be flashed up on the scoreboard and the last 15 mins cov and Bristol passed to each other at walking pace....)
When Luton beat is in 83 and we went down (first time all season we'd been in the bottom 3) guess which club were 4th from bottom, one point above us..... yes cov.
When we went down in 96, cov were above us on goal difference only.
cov CITY = conference in two years. Hopefully.

BUT THE THING IS THEY STAYED UP

its all about staying in the top league and like it or not they did it more than us. am no fan of coventry city myself and could not give a dam what mess they are in right now
you reap what you sow and in football fans never have a say about what happens really

back then coventry was a bigger club then manchester city
yes-o.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.