Coventry - the city of culture 2021

More culture under my toe nails than there is in Coventry. A city with no redeeming features or character.
Went there once, saw the bombed cathedral, went to the motor museum and ... well that is about all there is.

I think a few people are missing the point of the award, it ( and the EU one ) tend to be given to places that are neglected and need the cash input to boost there situation. Liverpool has been booming ever since they got EU capitol of culture in 2008.

I think a few people are missing the point of the award, it ( and the EU one ) tend to be given to places that are neglected and need the cash input to boost there situation. Liverpool has been booming ever since they got EU capitol of culture in 2008.
' City of Culcher!' is how I saw one scouse comment not long after they'd got it.

It could have been worse, Stoke could have won!

What a shortlist, surely some of the least cultural places known to man.

Liverpool just needed tarting up. There were already plenty of reasons to go to Liverpool.
Coventry has none save 2 cathedrals one of which is a ruin. Even Morrissey has never played there (solo)!
It is a shit hole. And beyond saving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.