Crazy decisions of years gone by.

That was after three games. The post I referred to mentioned Christmas.
We went top on Boxing Day 1981 after winning at Anfield, but we weren't relegated that season, we were relegated at the end of the following season.
It might confuse things because we also played at Anfield during the festivities (27th) but lost 5-2. We were as high as 2nd in November IIRC and 9th in January but weren't top around Christmas.

We went top after beating Wolves at home very late on, no?

I was only a nipper and was heading up the Main Stand steps with my dad when I turned and think it was Trevor Francis scoring with a lob?

To this day, remember how packed Maine Road was and the noise

I was only a nipper and was heading up the Main Stand steps with my dad when I turned and think it was Trevor Francis scoring with a lob?
28th December: 40,298 was the official crowd but I'm sure plenty of fans will claim the counters built into each turnstile somehow became disconnected.
Going top after this game sort of rings a bell, though I thought we went top at Anfield a couple of days earlier.

£1.5 million on Steve Daley. Borrowing to buy a donkey is never wise. Sudden decline from that point.

Selling Mark Lillis for buttons , City born and bred would die for the cause and was a half decent centre forward , the decision really tested my commitment to the club at the time , it totally pissed me off , we were going nowhere fast and selling our best players to keep afloat .If you had told me we would be one of the best clubs in europe in my lifetime , i would have sent for the men in white coats.

I remember being really pissed off with that too. Lillis was a die hard blue and was desperate to stay, good player too. Didn't we get Trevor Christie as a replacement as well, he was fucking dire just to rub it in.

I remember being really pissed off with that too. Lillis was a die hard blue and was desperate to stay, good player too. Didn't we get Trevor Christie as a replacement as well, he was fucking dire just to rub it in.

Think your right , quite sure we signed Paul Stewart another Manchester lad from Blackpool soon after and he went the same way , we were skint so the club sold him to Spuds for £2m ,after he had a one brilliant season for us .Things have certainly changed ,now we have a £25m ex Real Madrid full back warming the bench :)

I think we went top at Anfield from memory. I didn't get along to that many matches then, I was at University but went to both the Liverpool and Wolves match. I remember being in the Kippax and seeing Trevor Francis and the sheer expectancy whenever he went near the ball. He was very good then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.