Crazy decisions of years gone by.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Millwallawayveteran1988, 5 Oct 2017.

1. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

We went top after beating Wolves at home very late on, no?

I was only a nipper and was heading up the Main Stand steps with my dad when I turned and think it was Trevor Francis scoring with a lob?

To this day, remember how packed Maine Road was and the noise

2. East Level 2

East Level 2

28th December: 40,298 was the official crowd but I'm sure plenty of fans will claim the counters built into each turnstile somehow became disconnected.
    Going top after this game sort of rings a bell, though I thought we went top at Anfield a couple of days earlier.

3. AsaMac

AsaMac

£1.5 million on Steve Daley. Borrowing to buy a donkey is never wise. Sudden decline from that point.

4. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

I remember being really pissed off with that too. Lillis was a die hard blue and was desperate to stay, good player too. Didn't we get Trevor Christie as a replacement as well, he was fucking dire just to rub it in.

5. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Think your right , quite sure we signed Paul Stewart another Manchester lad from Blackpool soon after and he went the same way , we were skint so the club sold him to Spuds for £2m ,after he had a one brilliant season for us .Things have certainly changed ,now we have a £25m ex Real Madrid full back warming the bench :)

6. Cityfan

Cityfan

I think we went top at Anfield from memory. I didn't get along to that many matches then, I was at University but went to both the Liverpool and Wolves match. I remember being in the Kippax and seeing Trevor Francis and the sheer expectancy whenever he went near the ball. He was very good then.

7. SteWadda

SteWadda

Putting sultanas in the Balti pies