Crazy decisions of years gone by.

P. J. fucking Swales sacking Sir Joe.

P. J. fucking Swales hiring Ron fucking Saunders.

P. J. fucking Swales bringing back Big Mal.

there are a few but without doubt the main one was sacking Joe Mercer. Allison ruined us.
He did, but I’d put the ruination later on when he systematically dismantled the team I grew up watching: Tueart, Barnes, Watson, Owen, Corrigan, Donachie, Kidd, Royle, Asa, Booth, Doyle. What a fucking team that was. Pipped in ’77 and could and should have won so much more than the solitary league cup in ’76. Then Allison came back and it all went Sugrue-shaped. Criminal.

Selling Coton to the vermin and thinking that signing Nigel Clough would somehow make things right.

Bringing John Maddock in to "work with" Peter Reid.

Giving Ball, Coppell and Clarke the managers job.

Giving Simon Tracey a game.

Swapping Neil Pointon and Stevie Redmond for Rick Holden.

Selling Coton to the vermin and thinking that signing Nigel Clough would somehow make things right.

Bringing John Maddock in to "work with" Peter Reid.

Giving Ball, Coppell and Clarke the managers job.

Giving Simon Tracey a game.

Swapping Neil Pointon and Stevie Redmond for Rick Holden.

I was just about to post the same

In addition, the Platt Lane stand! A lot of money and poorly designed

Having a transfer policy for a few years which seemed to consist of just buying strikers that had either a) scored against us like Fat Bob and Maken or b) find people that no one had ever heard of like Barry 'barry' Conlon and Lee Pecock

And recently having a transfer policy that thought it was a good idea to buy promising young defenders but sell them at the first sign of difficulty I.e Boeteng, Savic and Nastasic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.