Crazy decisions of years gone by.

Not the worst decision compared to P.J. Swales becoming chairman but spending what little transfer money we had available on Samaras, iirc he went on strike at his club to force a move to City then forgot to end his strike once he arrived - I think we were better served up front by David James

Biggest one was the birth of Peter Swales..
I also remember being absolutely gutted when the finished Umbro stand was unveiled. What a fucking total n utter waste of funds, when in reality, we were only a few players away from being serious challengers. The fucking egg box was a huge mistake and only held about 6300 if I'm not mistaken. So that was my excuse to the old bill when I got arrested outside the ticket office after the game. :-/

Agree with most of the posts,
But for me the way Joe was treated & Skip was one big embarrassment,was told by a former pro,Allison stated if he ever went back he bring the club to its knee,s for his previous sacking.citing no one treats me like that,
Platt -end if we couldn't afford it don,t make it look fking worse..
Players we sold v players that came in embarrassment,
After Reid & before managements were also a embarrassment,
But me & thousands more still stayed & supported this great club(even at York Away)lol

Sacking Mercer, bringing Allison back, Swales staying on for so long, signings such as Daley, selling the likes of Owen, Barnes and MacKenzie, the list is endless

Not the worst decision compared to P.J. Swales becoming chairman but spending what little transfer money we had available on Samaras, iirc he went on strike at his club to force a move to City then forgot to end his strike once he arrived - I think we were better served up front by David James

The first City match my wife took me to was actually against Everton and I think Samaras scored in that one!

we are just mad for it manchester city is in your blood we love it good or bad its like the line out of the song eton rifles (Though some of the lads said they'll be back next week) manchester city is like waiting for a bus you have to stand alone for hours and hours then 3 or 4 all come at once

Those various acts of benevolence towards our neighbours that were followed up by this:

united_banner_1897690c.jpg

Mate, like you I will never ever forget that vile banner which epitomises what that club is all about! In fact I am going to save it somewhere and whenever my attitude softens towards them bring it out. How the vermin who made and took that there every week didn't get slapped is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.