Cricket Thread

Expected big defeat. 4-1 is better than 5-0, but we’re miles behind India and a fair way behind the Aussies.

Not sure it’s going to get any better any time soon.
It won't whilst we continue to play idiotic cricket.

Other than highlights, I've barely watched any of this series, we were never winning a series there with this team.

Time to decide where Pope bats. He’s not a natural 3, so either Root goes back up the order or Pope drops to 5. Time also to consider the futures of Anderson and Bairstow. England now have 4 relatively benign series before hosting India in summer 2025 and then traveling to Australia in the winter after. I’d like to think they’d grasp the nettle and make tough choices, but history suggests otherwise.

Time to decide where Pope bats. He’s not a natural 3, so either Root goes back up the order or Pope drops to 5. Time also to consider the futures of Anderson and Bairstow. England now have 4 relatively benign series before hosting India in summer 2025 and then traveling to Australia in the winter after. I’d like to think they’d grasp the nettle and make tough choices, but history suggests otherwise.
Who would you look to, if you were in charge?

Who would you look to, if you were in charge?
I’m not entirely sure. I don’t think England have particularly poor players, but I do think they need to become more ruthless with underachieving players (nobody is undroppable) and start building squads for the future as opposed to just the next game. I think they’ve become too adept at listening to their own media spin and have started believing their own positivity, but Test Cricket is in dire straits and needs competitive series between Australia/England/India, so if the player is unlikely to be playing in either of those series, toddle pip.

3 is a problem position.
I agree with you. Root is 4, but so is Pope for me. We need to find another opener or genuine 3.
I haven't a clue who, though.
Do we put Stokes at 3 (wasted there I know) Root 4, Pope 5 and Brook 6.
Then we can play Foakes without any problem - not that there should be as he's the best gloveman in the country.
Then 3 seamers and a spinner or 4th seamer (plus Stokes) if conditions dictate, with Root the spin option.
The bowling attack should be Wood, Anderson and Woakes (in England) with Robinson and Atkinson as alternatives.

Just switched over to the IPL. Seems aindia has discovered the whistle.

50k+ of them blowing them when anything happens. Sounds a bit like a house/car alarm going off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.