******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent knock by Ali (currently 151 n.o, not bad for a number 7), and England getting close to 500. Has to be said though; it's a very mediocre Sri Lankan side.

Excellent knock by Ali (currently 151 n.o, not bad for a number 7), and England getting close to 500. Has to be said though; it's a very Mediocre Sri Lankan side.

They have been woeful today, before the day's play they did a thing on how excellent the Sri Lankan catching was yesterday, today its been like club cricket, in fact I'd be upset if my team played, captained and fielded like they have.

Well done Moeen though.

Excellent knock by Ali (currently 151 n.o, not bad for a number 7), and England getting close to 500. Has to be said though; it's a very mediocre Sri Lankan side.

Top knock indeed he's a fine batsman, Sri Lanka pretty woeful all round really and don't think the wicket keeper could catch a cold

They have been woeful today, before the day's play they did a thing on how excellent the Sri Lankan catching was yesterday, today its been like club cricket, in fact I'd be upset if my team played, captained and fielded like they have.

Well done Moeen though.
Yep; they took some cracking catches yesterday. Not sure what happened overnight to turn them into a pub XI. Odd.

Never knew Foxy Fowler struggled so badly with mental health issues, always came across as a positive bloke when playing and in the commentary box. Not sure about his WG Grace beard but good he is getting the help he needs and his book sounds like it might be an eye opener and a good read.

That was absolutely shambolic from Sri Lanka. Possibly the worst day of cricket I've ever seen from an International team. What the hell was Mathews playing at when Moeen and Finn were batting together? Well done to Ali but it couldn't have been more gift wrapped if it was Christmas day and had a ribbon wrapped around it. Teams can drop catches but that whole day was embarrassing from start to finish and top to bottom.

On a positive side for England, two players who have taken a lot of stick have gone away, worked hard on their game and improved to International standard. Hales and Woakes deserve a lot of credit for what they've done.

As a side note, Compton's place is very much up for grabs at the moment, what do we reckon to Stokes and Woakes playing in the same team? Something like;

Hales
Cook
Root/Vince (Batting Root at 3 would be the only question mark, so maybe Vince could bat there)
Root/Vince
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Finn
Anderson

As long as Vince can show he's an England batsman that looks like a pretty good side to me.

That was absolutely shambolic from Sri Lanka. Possibly the worst day of cricket I've ever seen from an International team. What the hell was Mathews playing at when Moeen and Finn were batting together? Well done to Ali but it couldn't have been more gift wrapped if it was Christmas day and had a ribbon wrapped around it. Teams can drop catches but that whole day was embarrassing from start to finish and top to bottom.

On a positive side for England, two players who have taken a lot of stick have gone away, worked hard on their game and improved to International standard. Hales and Woakes deserve a lot of credit for what they've done.

As a side note, Compton's place is very much up for grabs at the moment, what do we reckon to Stokes and Woakes playing in the same team? Something like;

Hales
Cook
Root/Vince (Batting Root at 3 would be the only question mark, so maybe Vince could bat there)
Root/Vince
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Finn
Anderson

As long as Vince can show he's an England batsman that looks like a pretty good side to me.

I'd replace Finn with Woakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.