******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
the declaration was wrong and who ever made it if root than he has to hold his hands up and take the blame but if the call come from the management then root is daft to take on the role of captain with full control

England wanted to win so it was a fair declaration.

Over 300 needed at headingley on day 5 on a cloudy day, bearing in mind we annihilated them in the first test.

Just one of those days where let's be honest a piss poor Indies team had a day to remember.

A remarkable achievement from the Windies it has to be said, apparently chasing down 322 hasn't been
done since the great Don Bradman's Oz side in 1948.

And a first ever first class centurion in each innings at Headingley. Brathwaite must be upset that he missed out!

Not a lot wrong with setting 320 and having a few overs in the evening.

Good to see the Windies having a good match.

Broad just needs "Australia, Trent Bridge" tattooed on the inside of his eyelids. Was Stokes injured to only bowl 5 overs?
Westley had a forgettable one, Bairstow too it appears. Cook can afford a poor one!

England wanted to win so it was a fair declaration.

Over 300 needed at headingley on day 5 on a cloudy day, bearing in mind we annihilated them in the first test.

Just one of those days where let's be honest a piss poor Indies team had a day to remember.

your missing the point england did not have to push for the win we was 1 up with 1 test to play at best you draw the series if you lose the last test and with it being late in the summer the weather could have a hand in the result so you bat on don't give them sniff let them bowl you out and the right to win it

there is so much betting going on in cricket and you could point the finger if Pakistan if they did that sort of thing but its england we are not bent

Hope Lancs (despite the showers) finish of Warwickshire today. Probably confines Giles and co to relegation and sees us safe.

your missing the point england did not have to push for the win we was 1 up with 1 test to play at best you draw the series if you lose the last test and with it being late in the summer the weather could have a hand in the result so you bat on don't give them sniff let them bowl you out and the right to win it

there is so much betting going on in cricket and you could point the finger if Pakistan if they did that sort of thing but its england we are not bent

I think as an Ashes warm up which this really is... it was a good decision. Make the mistakes now. Rather now than against the Aussies. And 99 times out of 100 england win that test.

England are trying to be attack minded and get fans interested. They do not want to play out draws just for the sake. Not against the windies.

Westley needs ousting. Livingstone should come in and Ballance at 5 rather than Malan. Play him where he gets his runs for yorks. Even if Malan gets a decent couple of scores in the 3rd test I would be nervous. England have probably hung Ballance out to dry too many times to bring him back again nowm

I think as an Ashes warm up which this really is... it was a good decision. Make the mistakes now. Rather now than against the Aussies. And 99 times out of 100 england win that test.

England are trying to be attack minded and get fans interested. They do not want to play out draws just for the sake. Not against the windies.

Westley needs ousting. Livingstone should come in and Ballance at 5 rather than Malan. Play him where he gets his runs for yorks. Even if Malan gets a decent couple of scores in the 3rd test I would be nervous. England have probably hung Ballance out to dry too many times to bring him back again nowm

test cricket today is about the points on the world stage and the ranking is based on winning test matches and the series so giving them a chance to win the test and series was wrong and root got it so wrong that not only could england lose this series but i think the ashes in the winter by a big 5.0

i said in the south africa series that we needed to sort out the opening batters and even cook was shocking until he got a knock and made runs but for the batting order its a shambles and we will never get away with it down under all england batters hate spin bowling and fast bounce and the tail will not wag over there so you need to score from the opening 3 and 4 batters we need well over 200 on the board before we get into the all rounders and tail the only hope is our the bowling but that can be shocking aswell

test cricket today is about the points on the world stage and the ranking is based on winning test matches and the series so giving them a chance to win the test and series was wrong and root got it so wrong that not only could england lose this series but i think the ashes in the winter by a big 5.0

i said in the south africa series that we needed to sort out the opening batters and even cook was shocking until he got a knock and made runs but for the batting order its a shambles and we will never get away with it down under all england batters hate spin bowling and fast bounce and the tail will not wag over there so you need to score from the opening 3 and 4 batters we need well over 200 on the board before we get into the all rounders and tail the only hope is our the bowling but that can be shocking aswell

We will get beaten by the Aussies on their turf, of that I am sure. They have not got a good batting lineup in terms of experience and we would beat them in england but in Australia they will score enough to win every test with their pace bowling attack. We need Woakes and Wood firing in addition to Broad and Anderson. That means three players incapable of scoring many runs (Broad is a proper tailender now).

Livingstone at 3. Stokes up to 5, Bairstow Moeen Woakes and the tail. But will we get enough with their pace attack?! Doubt it.

We will get beaten by the Aussies on their turf, of that I am sure. They have not got a good batting lineup in terms of experience and we would beat them in england but in Australia they will score enough to win every test with their pace bowling attack. We need Woakes and Wood firing in addition to Broad and Anderson. That means three players incapable of scoring many runs (Broad is a proper tailender now).

Livingstone at 3. Stokes up to 5, Bairstow Moeen Woakes and the tail. But will we get enough with their pace attack?! Doubt it.

for me Abdul rashid must play in all 5 test over there he is the only spin bowler that can spin both ways and they will have a leggy so the pitch will be made to bounce and spin so 2 seam bowlers 2 fast bowlers and 2 spin bowlers with one sitting out depending on the pitch the batting order is a puzzle and even cook looks like he does not want to bat at times so the opening pair will be root and cook and we may go back to gary balance at 3 then alex hales and move up moeen ali or Jonny" Bairstow

i can see england getting a good tonking over there and the aussies are not that good themselves that's the worst thing if we could sort out the batting we would have a chance

Middlesex/Surrey abandoned after crossbow bolt fired into ground, landing near the players. Just mad.
Almost as good as a match i played in the Keighley and Craven league (div4....yes, I was that good)...abandoned because both balls lost in river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.