******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
i told you and it was never in doubt (private frazer) hahahahaha

the game was a shamble and both teams could have won and if the windies could have scored another 50 runs in the first innings and not let england off the hook and get a good lead the game would have been closer i don't think england would have chased down 200 runs when under pressure and the ball swinging around like on a string

now the questions of who is going on the ashes tour and who can open the bat with cook

First Test in Brisbane begins on November 23rd, plenty of time for catching practice.

its daft how many we have dropped this summer and something is wrong in training to drop that many maybe we have change something or just not put in the hours but its crazy we have not got a cat in hell chances over there the ball does not swing around like it does here and spin is key to holding up one end to rest your better bowlers and i think stokes can be the best out of the bunch in the ashes he bowls a heavy bowl and the bounce will help him

i will say stokes for england will be man of the series both with bat and ball and he should move up the batting order aswell and play a 2nd spinners

its daft how many we have dropped this summer and something is wrong in training to drop that many maybe we have change something or just not put in the hours but its crazy we have not got a cat in hell chances over there the ball does not swing around like it does here and spin is key to holding up one end to rest your better bowlers and i think stokes can be the best out of the bunch in the ashes he bowls a heavy bowl and the bounce will help him

i will say stokes for england will be man of the series both with bat and ball and he should move up the batting order aswell and play a 2nd spinners

The peculiar thing about the dropped catches is that it isn't restricted to one side; the West Indies were arguably worse than England and South Africa put down a fair share, too, and that was earlier in the warmer days of summer. Bring back the cradle. :-)

Media are already placing considerable pressure on Stokes ('he has to play well for England to win the series'), which I'm not sure is beneficial for his hopes let alone England's. Winning the Ashes in Australia will probably require at least 7 of the players to realise their potential. Bayliss believes that the squad will be drawn from players who have appeared in the last 18 months, so there is little hope of anyone squeezing in with a late flurry in the County Championship.

Think I read that England have only played 2 spinners a couple of times in a quarter of a century (where did Dawson go after Lord's?), so as much as I'd like to see it, I think they'll stick with Ali and have one other in the squad.

The peculiar thing about the dropped catches is that it isn't restricted to one side; the West Indies were arguably worse than England and South Africa put down a fair share, too, and that was earlier in the warmer days of summer. Bring back the cradle. :-)

Media are already placing considerable pressure on Stokes ('he has to play well for England to win the series'), which I'm not sure is beneficial for his hopes let alone England's. Winning the Ashes in Australia will probably require at least 7 of the players to realise their potential. Bayliss believes that the squad will be drawn from players who have appeared in the last 18 months, so there is little hope of anyone squeezing in with a late flurry in the County Championship.

Think I read that England have only played 2 spinners a couple of times in a quarter of a century (where did Dawson go after Lord's?), so as much as I'd like to see it, I think they'll stick with Ali and have one other in the squad.

ali will be hopeless with his spin its only a weapon if we are bowling last in the 2nd innings with the wicket worn then he can use the foot holes to turn it out off we need a spin bowler that can spin it both ways and not just straight up adil rashid would be my choice the leggy over there does something on a new and fresh wicket and can take the new ball aswell

england will need 400 on the board in the first inngs of all the test to have any chance and that means going to pack the batting order and gamble on ali or stokes to bowl alot of overs and bat well as the all rounders

First test in New Zealand, just got in from work at 01:15, thought I'd put this on.

We lost the toss and they put us in to bat, but it doesn't look like lasting very long, now 21 for 6, a complete bloody shambles, they've bowled well, but deary me our batting, Root, Stokes (who can only bat), and Bairstow, all out without scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.