Crossing

KingRuben

When it comes to crossing balls in we are absoloutely shite! this was proven yesterday,players like Jo get stick for not scoring,when hes missing past of his game, i tell you now...RSC will be a failure if we do not find players to cross it in! also this is where the conceding goal problem lies,as you know were forever conceding on the break,this is because players like zab & garrido are pressured into going forward as of players like robinho not sticking to there flank,who do you think would fit this bill? il give a shout for a few realistic targets, Quagliarella, Schweinstegier, Bullard, Huddlestone. I'm nopt just talking about the flank players but we lack in long balls and a few long shots,we wait untill were in the box and usually fail when were there,thats why teams like Boro and WBA figure us out.

I thought Zab put in some great crosses yesterday to be honest. A decent forward would have thrived on it.

Blue Lloyd said:
I thought Zab put in some great crosses yesterday to be honest. A decent forward would have thrived on it.

Yes i agree Zab can cross a ball? but should he be up there all the time as a RB? as seen yesterday we conceded two on the break..surely Zab and garrido should only be used as last resorts on the attack and not constant attackers

Zabi is getting better and better at crossing and SWP needs to be played down the right to be able to run at players and get crosses in. Petrov has been missed those balls from the left are lethal. The one thing is we're shit at attacking the crosses. Can't remember the last time we scored from a set piece or a corner can you?

I think the only set piece scored was the one Dunne fumbles against pompey when Ellano hit the post from the corner

IMO the crosses weren't the problem yesterday it was the fact there was nobody in the box to get on the end of them, with a solitary striker he can be easilly marked by the two centrebacks

Yesterday wasnt to bad...but if you watch are best chances on many of them we arsed up the cross as we have done in many many other games

Both SWP and Zab put in agood balls yesterday. Part of the problems are decent delivery, BUT we just don`t have the a front man with battling attitude and quality. While Petrov is out I would personally have downing in there. Bullard is a good shout for centre/ right midfield he can deliver a great ball.

City could have so many good options. We have some good cetrally based creative players, Ireland, robinho, elano when up for it. Wide options already mentioned aboove with SWP.

As for a "beast" of centre forward, my choice would be John Carew.

Probably won`t get a lot that agree but it`s my opinion.

There's no chance of Schweinsteiger coming but he's one of the best, as is Bayern's other midfield star Ribery.

Our midfield are all too similar, and with the exception of Ireland, they can do one thing well and thats just not good enough. The best teams in the world have players that can do everything. Thats one reason i hate Petrov, he just doesn't defend, backs out of tackles and attacks - the pussy.

I've mentioned Carew before,im a fan but i can just see RSC and Owen making a great partenership

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.