Crystal Palace Thread 2015/16

Yes just been a bit busy and there was not much to discuss at the end of last season with most things being settle early.

Good start for you SC7, albeit controversial. Think you may do quite well this season.

With Saints busy in the Europa, could possibly see you up there in their place.

Got a really good side there now. So much attacking threat and with Cabaye pulling strings they'll do well this season. Got a few different options up front as well, it's whether they'll finish the chances they get but I can see them remaining in the top half again. Signing Cabaye was a real statement. If they can continue to do well in the league, with their London setting they can attract more players of that quality on their relatively low wage bill overall. A great away win to start with against a Norwich side wanting to make a statement at home. Will be a difficult side to face this season.

BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace have accepted an initial bid of £6m from Bristol City for striker Dwight Gayle, according to Sky sources.

It is thought the deal could rise to £8 million with incentives and Palace boss Alan Pardew revealed last week he was willing to let Gayle leave if the price was right.

If I was Pardew I'd have kept Gayle and sold Murray, Gayle offers pace and goals.

Find Pardew's talk of 'typical Crystal Palace characteristics' a tad amusing. Just what indeed are these and does no other team have them?

First home game of the season and there were a lot of positives, but also quite a few negatives. I think everyone needs to calm down with talk about us getting into Europe. The aim should be to be in the top 10.

Positives
Souare had a very good game and ha settled in well. He seems to have everything needed for a left back. He tried to play it out a bit too much, but was obviously under instruction.
Cabaye is probably the best player I have ever seen in a Palace shirt. Still early days, but you can see his class.
Delaney is still not past it and I think he and Danns can have a great season
Ward made mistakes today for both goals, bu they were uncharacteristic and he is usually soild.
Puncheon has carried on from last season and still looks great

Negatives.

Bolasie for obvious reasons not match fit.
I am not happy with the balance of the squad. Even though we were playing Arsenal they still cut through us at will. I believe we need Jedinak in there, no matter if it means Mcarthur has to sit on the bench.
Zaha needs to spend some time watching top players like Ronaldo, Muller, Reus etc. His game management and understanding of what to do in certain situations are awful
When I saw Wickham for the first time, he was around 17, I thought he would be a complete old fashioned striker. He has failed to develop at Sunderland whilst he is in theory everything we need I don't believe he has it in him.

Angry with the ref for not sending of Coqeulin. A shocking and cowardly decision, but luck goes around. We got lucky against Norwich and it has come around to back in this game.

First home game of the season and there were a lot of positives, but also quite a few negatives. I think everyone needs to calm down with talk about us getting into Europe. The aim should be to be in the top 10.

Positives
Souare had a very good game and ha settled in well. He seems to have everything needed for a left back. He tried to play it out a bit too much, but was obviously under instruction.
Cabaye is probably the best player I have ever seen in a Palace shirt. Still early days, but you can see his class.
Ward made mistakes today for both goals, bu they were uncharacteristic and he is usually soild.

Negatives.

I am not happy with the balance of the squad. Even though we were playing Arsenal they still cut through us at will. I believe we need Jedinak in there, no matter if it means Mcarthur has to sit on the bench.
Zaha needs to spend some time watching top players like Ronaldo, Muller, Reus etc. His game management and understanding of what to do in certain situations are awful
When I saw Wickham for the first time, he was around 17, I thought he would be a complete old fashioned striker. He has failed to develop at Sunderland whilst he is in theory everything we need I don't believe he has it in him.

Angry with the ref for not sending of Coqeulin. A shocking and cowardly decision, but luck goes around. We got lucky against Norwich and it has come around to back in this game.

Zaha is the most frustrating player in the league. Pardew and the coaches need to work on his decision making.

Positives

Negatives.

Wouldn't be surprised if you beat us again. Pardew seems to know how to win playing against City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.