Cup draws conspiracy - fact or fiction?

It's really not that strange (6/1 odds).

Would it not be 7/1?

Actually in a cup draw it's diminishing odds after every game is drawn.

7/1 at start.
5/1 after first game drawn
3/1 after 2nd game drawn
Certain after 3rd game drawn!

Both cup competitions are a joke now anyway. Yes it's a trophy but they are not big competitions anymore. Even Div 1 sides play weakened teams. For me they are the very least of our concerns this season and we have bigger fish to fry.

I would take two premier league titles and CL win in the next 5 years over 10 cup final wins.

They only be become semi interesting at semi final stage.

Would it not be 7/1?

7/1 at start.
3/1 after 2nd game drawn

Both cup competitions are a joke now anyway. Yes it's a trophy but they are not big competitions anymore. Even Div 1 sides play weakened teams. For me they are the very least of our concerns this season and we have bigger fish to fry.

I would take two premier league titles and CL win in the next 5 years over 10 cup final wins.

They only be become semi interesting at semi final stage.
I don't know you know, after us going years without anything and thinking I'd never see us win nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, seeing us win any trophy does it for me.
And I know it's least of our priorities and we have bigger fish to fry but as fans we should want to see us lifting as many trophies as possible and have our name on as many cups as we can.

Would it not be 7/1?

7/1 at start.
3/1 after 2nd game drawn

Nope 6/1 is correct because he said odds . You are right that it is a one in seven chance but that (assuming all equal chance and no bookies profit etc ) is 6/1 odds. Meaning if you put a £1 on all 7 at 6/1 thats £7 invested and whichever wins you get £7 back. If all 7 were 7-1 odds you could invest £1 on each and would get £8 back.

That's why it's certain after 3rd game drawn and not 1/1 - Evens.

I don't know you know, after us going years without anything and thinking I'd never see us win nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, seeing us win any trophy does it for me.
And I know it's least of our priorities and we have bigger fish to fry but as fans we should want to see us lifting as many trophies as possible and have our name on as many cups as we can.

Which is fine as long as it doesn't weaken our position in the two main competitions.

I would have answered the same as you 6 years ago but having seen us win these trophies and more, that isn't the be all and end all to me. Entertaining football and the two main trophies are more important now.

Nope 6/1 is correct because he said odds . You are right that it is a one in seven chance but that (assuming all equal chance and no bookies profit etc ) is 6/1 odds. Meaning if you put a £1 on all 7 at 6/1 thats £7 invested and whichever wins you get £7 back. If all 7 were 7-1 odds you could invest £1 on each and would get £8 back.

That's why it's certain after 3rd game drawn and not 1/1 - Evens.

Yep! My maths is going to pot!

Arsenal being drawn against non-league clubs in both the 5th and 6th rounds of last season's FA Cup was jammy beyond belief. The rags drew then non-league Crawley at home in the 5th round not too long ago (and thrashed them 1-0) but even they've never been drawn against two non-league clubs in the same season.

The analysis of cup draws should only be assessed over the last few seasons , and since the Rags demise post bacon face due to the money involved it is vital for cup competitions like the FACup andLleague Cup to keep them relevant and to have the Rags in the final stages of the competition , it is no coincidence that their last dozen cup games have been televised live , (the BBC is virtually becoming MUTV with regards to the FA Cup). Before the quarter final draw , i was 100% certain the Rags would get Bristol City and it will be televised live , the only surprise is the fact they got drawn away from home , but perhaps the bean counters at the swamp are tired of cup home draws because their midden is only half full for these games , i mean that is very embarrassing , they have 659m fans and they cant fill 50% of their stadium for some home matches , Manchester is Red "are you f*cking sure".

Emirates Cup is corrupt as fuck. Aside from the screw job on us against Arsenal last year with the disallowed goal for nought, Emirates sponsored Arsenal have had it handed to them 3 years running.

I expect the Carabao Cup to give this treatment to Carabao sponsored Chelsea now.

Cups are dying. FA won't do anything to rock the boat with sponsors.
Well said.
The fair game ,as football used to appear to be,is already dead in many many ways.
Thankfully a free scoring ,attacking team is at ths head of the premier league and doing well in europe which is helping put a fantastic attraction on the cash cow that the game has now become.never mind being thank full for the million pound wimbledon,who play hoof ball and score infrequently...it is Manchester City who are currently shining like a bright beacon for English Football,all around the globe.
Keep it up Pep,our Guardian Angel encoated in light Blue and White.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.