curb your enthusiasm

THE greatest comedy of all time. Looking forward to getting into this series. My dog Larry will be happy too.

Watched the first 3 episodes of series one last week. Didn't get it at all despite thinking Larry would be a character I'd find funny. Does it pick u?

Watched the first 3 episodes of series one last week. Didn't get it at all despite thinking Larry would be a character I'd find funny. Does it pick u?

You grow into it mate, most of it is unscripted so at first it can seem a bit strange how they interact with each other.

You grow into it mate, most of it is unscripted so at first it can seem a bit strange how they interact with each other.

I see, I will give it another chance then. I was hoping/expecting him to be a bit more ruthless and sharp tongued, American Victor Meldrew but worse.

First series is kind of the weakest IMO. They are clearly getting to grips with the format of it not being scripted in the same way most shows are. Subsequent series are much much better. I actually enjoyed series 1 more when I watched it again having watched a few later series because I knew the characters by then and could see what they were trying to do and knew where it was going. It's in my top two or three comedy shows and I certainly didn't think I would say that when I first watched the first series, lets put it that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.