Customer Service:

Moderation my time is limited as I am grafting shortly so apologies in advance for slightly veering off this customer service topic.
We have a lot of fishermen on here : / and in order to visualise the operation of a maggot farm here is a short clip.
Pennine bait did not feed on mince and fish but used hosses heads and waste offal from slaughterhouses.
I can tell you without fear of contracdiction those employees were not engaging in intimate relationships unless their partners had undergone nosectomies.

I agree with Sky being kicking Kunts.
I dont think they mean harm it's just that their right hand doesnt know what the left is doing.
If you are to complain then do keep accurate records of times,dates and what was said.
Remain polite at all times but firm and asseretive and know your rights and the mechanics of the sales of goods act.
The sales of goods act is a gem of legislation that seeks to protect us consumers so use it to advantage.
Martin Lewis's website has a multitude of information on customer and consumer law even having templates to print off for complaint letters.
In my opinion we do not complain enough and pale into isingnificance with our American cousins.
A good customer care centre like Amazons seek only to resolve your issues and remains the bedrock of their business model.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Harvester in the Printworks on Sunday was pretty poor. I took my mum out for a meal and her first two choices from the menu were both unavailable. I'd expect that service from some dumpy cafe. And generally get that.

Food abroad is a completely different experience. Belgrade and Malaga in recent times have been superb. Looking forwards to Georgia in a fortnight too.

The Harvester in the Printworks on Sunday was pretty poor. I took my mum out for a meal and her first two choices from the menu were both unavailable. I'd expect that service from some dumpy cafe. And generally get that.

Food abroad is a completely different experience. Belgrade and Malaga in recent times have been superb. Looking forwards to Georgia in a fortnight too.
When you go in a Harvester you expect nothing but the best.

Under Armour has provided me with brilliant customer service in the past.

I ordered a pair of UA boots for work (don't ever do this btw). This particular model has a zip up side so you only have to lace them once and can zip yourself in and out. After wearing them 8 times the material around the zipper on one separated making it useless.

Knowing UA has a money back guarantee I emailed customer service about the problem along with a photo of said problem. Thean who responded said of course the company would refund my money. Perfect, yeah? Not quite yet.

I sent them my order details and I was told I could not be refunded because the seller on Amazon was not UA but another company. I telephoned UA customer service and explained what happened. The customer service agent said I was out of luck. He told me he would replace my boots. I explained I didn't want new ones as after looking at on-line reviews this is a widespread problem. And they other models are no better. He still said I could not be refunded.

I asked for a supervisor. The woman I was connected with advised me she had a meeting she had to attend but please email her and she would look over my concerns. I forwarded her my original email and the response from the customer agent and wrote her a paragraph detailing my telephone call before I initially spoke with her. Honestly, I assumed I'd not hear back.

A day and a half later I received an email from the manager apologising for the defective boots, as well as the misunderstanding from the service agent. My bank card would be refunded in full. Five minutes later, the man who initially handled my claim rang me and apologised for not being more conscientious when he reviewed my original email and order details. He provided me with a UA voucher for the price of the boots on top of the refund provided by the manager.

A win for me and for the Under Armour customer service.

I expect fish and chicken on the menu. It was £40 including tip and neither of us had starters or desserts.

Truly pathetic, in my opinion.
Of course you would expect it, but I always check Trip Advisor for restaurants. In Manchester that place is rated number 1660 out of 1784. A third of the reviews rated it terrible. I would simply avoid it.

I'm happy to contribute a
Share This Pagemonth
few chapters. Instead of "Get it right first time" their default position appears to be "Get it wrong first time then make some fucking excuse as to why we couldn't do it right in the first place or put it right now". I rang them to cancel Sky Sports just over a ago

Put me down as co-author. They're utterly fucking useless. Whereas most customer-facing organisations' motto will be "Get it right first time for our customers" theirs appears to be "Get it wrong first time then come up with all sorts of excuses as to why (a) we couldn't do it right first time and (b) why we can't put it right now." I have at least got some compensation out of them for their latest cock-up.

Anyway, this thread gives me the chance to tell my oft-told story about customer service. Back in the 1990's I worked for a company that was very slick and prided itself on its customer service. However news of this hadn't quite filtered through to our hardware wallahs in Technical Services. We had a help-desk but the directors insisted on ringing straight through to TSD if they had a problem. Such calls normally involved a lot of bowing & scraping, "yes sir, no sir, whatever you say sir" etc. One day, they'd all gone to the pub at lunchtime and left the most junior member of the team to cover. The phone rang and he picked it up saying "Yeah, what d'yer want?" Unfortunately it was the Sales Director who wanted to speak to one of the senior guys about a problem. Instead of saying "He's in a meeting but I'll get him to call you right back" Wayne said "He's in the pub". At this particular moment I was in a meeting with the IT director and his phone rang with said Sales Director not happy. So as a result we all had to attend a 2-day Customer Service course, which was held at a hotel near Warrington.

It started at 9am so we arrived before then but couldn't get our room keys as it was too early. So we checked in, left our bags then were told to pick up our keys after the course finished for the day. I went back to reception at 6 to get my key and without me saying anything the receptionist said "Hello Mr Savage, your room number is 123 and here's your key". I was staggered and said "Wow that's amazing. We're here on a customer service course and you've just called me by name but I checked in ten hours ago. How did you remember my name?". "The receptionist smiled and said "It's on the name tag you've got on your jacket". Cue everyone pissing themselves laughing and me feeling like a right dick.

'Wallahs'.

Proper old skool Manc word.

Under Armour has provided me with brilliant customer service in the past.

I ordered a pair of UA boots for work (don't ever do this btw). This particular model has a zip up side so you only have to lace them once and can zip yourself in and out. After wearing them 8 times the material around the zipper on one separated making it useless.

Knowing UA has a money back guarantee I emailed customer service about the problem along with a photo of said problem. Thean who responded said of course the company would refund my money. Perfect, yeah? Not quite yet.

I sent them my order details and I was told I could not be refunded because the seller on Amazon was not UA but another company. I telephoned UA customer service and explained what happened. The customer service agent said I was out of luck. He told me he would replace my boots. I explained I didn't want new ones as after looking at on-line reviews this is a widespread problem. And they other models are no better. He still said I could not be refunded.

I asked for a supervisor. The woman I was connected with advised me she had a meeting she had to attend but please email her and she would look over my concerns. I forwarded her my original email and the response from the customer agent and wrote her a paragraph detailing my telephone call before I initially spoke with her. Honestly, I assumed I'd not hear back.

A day and a half later I received an email from the manager apologising for the defective boots, as well as the misunderstanding from the service agent. My bank card would be refunded in full. Five minutes later, the man who initially handled my claim rang me and apologised for not being more conscientious when he reviewed my original email and order details. He provided me with a UA voucher for the price of the boots on top of the refund provided by the manager.

A win for me and for the Under Armour customer service.
That's fantastic and how they acted is exactly what customer service is about. Taking responsibility and ownership by people goes so far when making the experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.