Cycling - hints, tips and routes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by malg, 9 Aug 2015.

1. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

shark fisherman
    I hate that bloke already. He wasnt even blowing when he got to the top. The ****

2. Xiphos

Xiphos

According to a report on Sky News if you cycle you can cut your cancer risk in half, how do they quantify that with all the traffic fumes you are breathing in?

3. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    I prefer taxis.

4. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

Because those same traffic fumes are also in your car, without the benefit of lots of additional fresh air.

5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I've got the whole set for Gtr Manchester. Used the Trafford one today for a jaunt out to the Trafford Centre. Passed the Swamp twice. Might need a visit to the quack to get checked on if I come out with something over the next few days, but the route from Victoria is quite simple if yer remember to turn right at that funny little bridge with the cobbles and steps on!

There's loads, and there'll be even more in the next couple of years, of off-road paths. Route 66 is a favourite of Mrs Ewing and myself. Our daily training route of ten miles or so goes down the Rochdale Canal. We often cycle down to the Velodrome via the towpath.

If yer don't like what's available in GB then I would recommend a few days in Holland. Absolutely fantastic for cyclists. The Netherlands - the cyclist is 'de Koning'! Those bastards in cars have to wait for yer! Love it!

6. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

7. As far as I'm concerned you can ride where you like, just keep your perverted pants and fashionable head wear off the fucking roads

8. idahoblues

idahoblues

well said, why does everyone have to look like Eddy Merckx when they're just biking down the road. I like to overtake those poseurs when I'm just wearing jeans and no helmet

9. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    So happy to finally meet another naked cycling enthusiast!

10. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Fucking cyclists. Try the M6 ;-)