Cycling - hints, tips and routes

'Recently been told ive got high blood pressure, high cholesterol and so im being put on statins. Its kicked me up the arse so i'll be doing some cycling but to get into it I don't want to be huffing and pufing up and down hill so i'm looking for flat routes initially. The only one i've found near me is only a mile long.
Any suggestions where I might drive to with the bike thats flat and fairly scenic? I live in Bury'.

Here's your first 6 miler r kid... http://madcyclelanesofmanchester.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-kirklees-trail-bury-to-greenmount.html

Read some of this post but not all... so sorry if this has been put out previously.
My mates and i did the coast to coast track (C2C) a few years back ... it was mental but pleased we did it .. took us 3 days in total. Raised some money for charridy... whitehaven to sunderland

Try me again!

Okay as a cyclist or motorcyclist you presume everyone is out to get you, this doesn't mean they are. The vast majority wish you no harm whatsoever. The problem is some drivers are incompetent, others take chances because they are in a rush or don't like being held up and a few like shitting up cyclists.

As we have no idea who these people are just presume it's all of them. As someone who has been sideswiped by an old dear who appeared to be looking straight at me I learnt the hard way.

Okay as a cyclist or motorcyclist you presume everyone is out to get you, this doesn't mean they are. The vast majority wish you no harm whatsoever. The problem is some drivers are incompetent, others take chances because they are in a rush or don't like being held up and a few like shitting up cyclists.

As we have no idea who these people are just presume it's all of them. As someone who has been sideswiped by an old dear who appeared to be looking straight at me I learnt the hard way.

I'm pretty clear on who is out to get me. I try to give them not the slightest opportunity. However, some cyclists don't help 'the cause'! I was at the Blackfriars end of Deansgate in Manchester the other day and a young lady on a road bike, no helmet, but wearing a rainmac, decided that as there was nothing moving she could cross the red light and turn left!.

There are idiots in every camp!

I'm pretty clear on who is out to get me. I try to give them not the slightest opportunity. However, some cyclists don't help 'the cause'! I was at the Blackfriars end of Deansgate in Manchester the other day and a young lady on a road bike, no helmet, but wearing a rainmac, decided that as there was nothing moving she could cross the red light and turn left!.

There are idiots in every camp!

I agree completely fella

I hopped in a taxi on Portland Street last year, as we pulled off I instinctively looked out the back window to make sure nothing was coming having been a cyclist/ motorcyclist my whole life. I saw this cyclist riding toward us but the taxi driver just kept going without looking, almost took the guy out. The guy on the bike started banging on the side window, window goes down and he and the driver get into this big argument. No fistycuffs but as we drive off the taxi driver just started bitching about fucking bikers etc.....pretty sure that's what he said anyway as my Serbian isn't too good

Read some of this post but not all... so sorry if this has been put out previously.
My mates and i did the coast to coast track (C2C) a few years back ... it was mental but pleased we did it .. took us 3 days in total. Raised some money for charridy... whitehaven to sunderland

It is indeed a great route and a decent challenge in 3 days, I like a loon originally tackled it in 2 days with a few mates then the year later went back and knocked it off in 10 hours a great experience but a roller coaster of a route.

I hopped in a taxi on Portland Street last year, as we pulled off I instinctively looked out the back window to make sure nothing was coming having been a cyclist/ motorcyclist my whole life. I saw this cyclist riding toward us but the taxi driver just kept going without looking, almost took the guy out. The guy on the bike started banging on the side window, window goes down and he and the driver get into this big argument. No fistycuffs but as we drive off the taxi driver just started bitching about fucking bikers etc.....pretty sure that's what he said anyway as my Serbian isn't too good

I didn't know Kolarov drove a taxi after training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.