Cyclists

No problem,let's stop building cycle paths,save councils up and down the country a fortune.At most cross roads you have to stop! Sorry if you are a cyclist the ,traffic lights,pedestrian crossings,over taking on the inside of vehicles,is something else that cyclists couldn't,t give a damn about
Not all cyclist behave badly. It's just a shame that a minority of idiots spoil it for the rest. Having said that it is no wonder that some cyclists feel the need to ride on the pavement at junctions, as some of the tin bubble drivers seem to forget the fact that cyclists are relatively unprotected. A 20mph shunt in a car might result in minor airbag rash, but a 20mph spill on a bike will likely result in serious injury or even death.

I saw a cyclist recently who got knocked off at a set of lights. He was obeying the Highway code, and stopped at the red light, behind the white line. Light green, he set off keeping over to the LHS (not in the gutter), and a car just drove straight into the back of him, luckily at relatively slow speed. He went flying into the kerb and the car went over his bike. He was pretty beat up, but I didn't stay around to see the outcome.

Not all cyclist behave badly. It's just a shame that a minority of idiots spoil it for the rest. Having said that it is no wonder that some cyclists feel the need to ride on the pavement at junctions, as some of the tin bubble drivers seem to forget the fact that cyclists are relatively unprotected. A 20mph shunt in a car might result in minor airbag rash, but a 20mph spill on a bike will likely result in serious injury or even death.

I saw a cyclist recently who got knocked off at a set of lights. He was obeying the Highway code, and stopped at the red light, behind the white line. Light green, he set off keeping over to the LHS (not in the gutter), and a car just drove straight into the back of him, luckily at relatively slow speed. He went flying into the kerb and the car went over his bike. He was pretty beat up, but I didn't stay around to see the outcome.

Don't blame you, fuck him, his own fault for straying out of the gutter.

Riding a bike on the road should be in the driving test. Would solve a lot of this us-and-them attitude.

For the motorists, so they can better understand the notion that the road is shared, or for the cyclists so they can better pick out the driver who is gonna shunt them up the arse or broadside them?

I always regard it as a 'bad day' when I can't get out on my bike and I don't have to travel far before I meet a motorist who leaves me thinking "I wonder what you were trying to do there"? One of the 'best' tests is to see how many motorists try to squeeze through the shortened gap in one of those refuges in the middle of the road where the left hand side is painted green and clearly warns motorists that they should be taking EXTRA care. My rough memory count is running at about fifty percent who try and fifty percent who wait till you've gone through safely on yer bike!

A lot of drivers are absolutely gash and haven't got a clue when it comes to cyclists. Some haven't got a clue at all.

I agree with those here that suggest having cycling as part of the driving test. I said it on a thread last week that both cyclists and drivers need to be more aware of the laws of the road and gain a bit more respect for each other. I thought I was a decent driver until I started cycling to work and realised how shit I was when it comes to leaving cyclists enough room, because until I started cycled again I hadn't realised just how shit the roads are near the kerbs. You can't cycle too close to them as you'd just hit a pothole and probably end up falling into traffic that is already about a foot away to the right.

In summary, drivers are cunts.

I'm more than aware drivers can be absolute bell ends, I have more run ins with other drivers than cyclists, and behind the wheel people seem to forget they are in control of a lethal weapon.

However I have got really hacked off last twelve months how many cyclists have nearly mown me, my wife and child in pram over, because they think red lights don't apply to them. They cycle on pavements and one daft cow even tutted at me when I made it difficult for her to get round me as I screamed "it's a f*cking pavement you cnut."

It's only really come to bother me as much since I had a child as I'm sure you can appreciate I am pretty protective of the little snot bag. Other week some effing moron student didn't slow one bit and had to swerve us because he went through a red light while we were half way across the crossing, he got some choice expletives and I could have honestly swung for him as he zoomed past.

As I have said above there are plenty of moron drivers around that literally could kill you, but there are plenty of moron cyclists too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.