Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

There does seem to be an increase in early leavers since the trams started running to the stadium. That said, it doesn't seem to me that the queues for the tram are that big (relative to the size of the crowd).

It does seem to be something of a vicious circle at the moment. The early leavers have started leaving even earlier because more fans have started leaving early to avoid getting held up behind the early leavers.

Yes I agree, but as I've said, if the new parking restrictions do come into force then half the stadium will be gone with ten minutes of the game left

If we have 50,000 City fans in the stadium and 20,000 are parked on official or unofficial car parks
10,000 may walk into town or to wherever
A couple of thousand hang around for a beer
Public transport has to deal with almost 20,000 supporters

That's why I prefer the away games, there's more chance of people joining in if you start singing. And the atmos is usually excellent. Whereas up in level 3 you stand up and start clapping or, heaven forbid, start a song and there will be many who give you a look, others may just keep striaght ahead and not look at the "nutter" behind you. You can't suddenly make a whole bunch of people passionate.

And to stop people leaving early? Provide more buses and trams, leaving every 2 mins.

you are being played by the press they come on here, read the stupid threads that people start about early leavers then put the question to pep, hence they have a headline that pep is not happy, just laugh at it. but get ready for the "its worse at our ground than anywhere else brigade ""

Just wait a minute, you're alleging the press actually come on here and do actual research in order to write these articles?

I'm not havin' that...

why do we as fans still accept we cant take our beer to our seats ? we have been made to sit now in the prem for several decades and as football fans we can't even take a drink to our overpriced seats.if there is a concert or rugby match at the etihad its no problem but footy ? no way.maybe we as city fans should boycott all food and drinks inside the ground and hope other clubs follow suit until the power that be stop treating us like second class citizens.

regarding the trams,why are there always so many for people going back into town ? everyone waiting for an ashton tram see's several go past us with " not in service " on it till it gets to asda and changes tracks to come back to take people into town,jesus,you can walk it in 10-15 minutes.its so bad Iv gone back to the snail crawling buses after games now.

I have seen similar threads on the scouse forums and Utd and others... atmosphere in the modern day game is shite due to tickets being priced out of range of the working class who make the noise. I dont think this is a City problem.... I dont even know if this article in the DMail is real or just based on bullshit, but they certainly know how to rile the fans

Soz if already posted

I'm not being smart but if our team managed to stop fluffing chances and hitting posts then the atmosphere wouldn't be a problem.

Our support have nerves that are shot to hell. Too many games we should coast that we historically fluff our lines or make it a slog to actually score and not concede.

And if Pep wants to blame the atmosphere on someone else, blame Pellers. We had a manager with the charisma of a door who managed to suck the life out of 2 years of this club.

Ultimately, it's the teams job to get the crowd pumped and not the other way round.

So why is the atmosphere shit when we've been 4 up v Bournemouth for example?

It's all a load of bollocks that's why. The atmosphere at any ground in England is similar, it has high points and low points during each individual game. The more the fans think the team are being shafted the better the atmosphere imo. We seem to hate that more than us giving anyone a good spanking. I've said it before but over here compared to the continent the majority of fans go to watch the game and take in the tactics etc.. rather than go to hear a fucking drum beaten for 90 minutes. Hate the atmosphere in England go to a game in Turkey.
As for fans leaving early, yes the club needs to look at ways to minimise issues leaving but it's always been the same and nothing will change it.

So why is the atmosphere shit when we've been 4 up v Bournemouth for example?

It's all a load of bollocks that's why. The atmosphere at any ground in England is similar, it has high points and low points during each individual game. The more the fans think the team are being shafted the better the atmosphere imo. We seem to hate that more than us giving anyone a good spanking. I've said it before but over here compared to the continent the majority of fans go to watch the game and take in the tactics etc.. rather than go to hear a fucking drum beaten for 90 minutes. Hate the atmosphere in England go to a game in Turkey.
As for fans leaving early, yes the club needs to look at ways to minimise issues leaving but it's always been the same and nothing will change it.

He he, so you think the fans in the rest of Europe are tactically naive. That made me chuckle.
Actually having watched Many matches in Spain I think the atmosphere is better there for 2 reasons.
1 cheaper tickets so working class still go.
2 They actually go to enjoy themselves
rather than here where people go to let off steam and moan after having a shit week at work in miserable weather , traffic etc.

He he, so you think the fans in the rest of Europe are tactically naive. That made me chuckle.
Actually having watched Many matches in Spain I think the atmosphere is better there for 2 reasons.
1 cheaper tickets so working class still go.
2 They actually go to enjoy themselves
rather than here where people go to let off steam and moan after having a shit week at work in miserable weather , traffic etc.

I went to Malaga v Barcelona last season and had a belting time. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Loads of British people taking the match in. I guess some expats (Guiri Army) and some on holiday like me.

I went to Malaga v Barcelona last season and had a belting time. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Loads of British people taking the match in. I guess some expats (Guiri Army) and some on holiday like me.

Yes Malaga is great and a bit different.
I also love the andulucian and Basque grounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.