Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

The home form has taken a nose dive this season, and the footy is more pedestrian. Improvements needed on the pitch first.

Once the north stand third tier is built I would turn the entire south stand into safe standing and make it £20 a ticket, make the north stand lower the family stand as it is today and make it £20 a ticket.

Anybody who currently prefers sitting in the third tier south stand to then move into the seated third tier north stand.
Safe standing is still a way off in the Prem I suspect. But even if it comes in I can't imagine them having a second tier as standing let alone a third tier. Plus would it stop people fucking off on 80 mins anyway? I don't leave early so I don't know what would make those people stay till the end. Maybe some regular early leavers can tell us what would make them bother to stay to the end?

Once again, a free kick for the rag, dipper, gooner hordes.

If it's come from the club and they think this is the way to improve the atmosphere I despair.

Safe standing is still a way off in the Prem I suspect. But even if it comes in I can't imagine them having a second tier as standing let alone a third tier. Plus would it stop people fucking off on 80 mins anyway? I don't leave early so I don't know what would make those people stay till the end. Maybe some regular early leavers can tell us what would make them bother to stay to the end?

The whole staying until the end situation won't change unless the Metrolink put on double if not treble the amount of trams going to and from the ground, which will never happen as other parts of Manchester will be left with huge public queues.

Also you can't really do much about the roads around the ground, the whole setup around the ground just isn't capable and built for the amount of traffic it has to bear on match-days.

I never leave early but I also never wait for the tram which isn't ideal, however I can walk to GMEX to get the Altrincham tram back home in less time than it would take me to wait for a tram at the ground post-match.

Does he mean he requires 90 minutes of guttural chanting and drum bashing? Personally it drives me nuts. It's the players who are there to perform, not us. It's their job to get the crowd going, not vice versa. It also suggests that the lack of atmosphere has affected performances. I think that is more to do with unnecessarily f$ckin about with the team and most of the team being unable to hit a barn door.

Does he mean he requires 90 minutes of guttural chanting and drum bashing? Personally it drives me nuts. It's the players who are their to perform, not us. It's their job to get the crowd going, not vice versa. It also suggests that the lack of atmosphere has affected performances. I think that is more to do with unnecessarily f$ckin about with the team and most of the team being unable to hit a barn door.

Our atmosphere is very poor though.

Against anyone 6th placed or below is bordering on being a library.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.