Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

Yes, but don't worry the club will start stocking that daft mac thing with all the zips and pockets soon for about double what it is worth!! ;-)

And the mods will get going on me soon because I've deviated from the thread name!! So stop encouraging me folks. Sorry @Mods.

He keeps a different tactics in each pocket

Since he got here he has been talking about us as a new club not as big as the others,not used to winning things,hello we were the most successful team in the 5 yrs from 2011,talking us down,critizing the fans for not supporting the team enough,this morning saying we don't have enough self belief to win titles,all may be true depending on each of our points of view but it's fed the media with every stick to beat us with from not being as big too empty seats to this thread saying he wants more support,he has a complete lack of understanding why we are different in this country,we believe we just aren't arrogant ****s like the german rags and barca,surely someone has told him it all adds to the crap we get from the media,concentrate on the team

Rant over

i think he has every right to criticize the fans tbh, we haven't been good enough. i dont think this team right now does have enough self belief to win the title. your saying all these things, but tbh i dont remember pep ever being really harsh on the fans or the team. where has he said most of those things ? any quotes ? i think hes said some good things about this club and the fans. i think your overanalyzing newspaper reports and what hes said.

Yep. You stick with Mickey mouse mate.

You stick with the orchestrated atmosphere with megaphones and drums, and I 'll carry on going to a football match with my mates getting pi**ed and shouting at the top of our voices.
You know, like proper fans do, and not like JCL's which you obviously are..
End it here

Yes, but don't worry the club will start stocking that daft mac thing with all the zips and pockets soon for about double what it is worth!! ;-)

That "daft mac thing" is actually a critical team selection tool.

Pep writes "Willy" on 5 post-its and "Claudio" on another 5. He puts one in each pocket. Then Kiddo points to which pocket he chooses and whoever he pulls-out is in the team.

i think he has every right to criticize the fans tbh, we haven't been good enough. i dont think this team right now does have enough self belief to win the title. your saying all these things, but tbh i dont remember pep ever being really harsh on the fans or the team. where has he said most of those things ? any quotes ? i think hes said some good things about this club and the fans,
He says some great things about us but has also said what i posted in his pressers,it doesn't have to sound harsh but he reinforces everything the media bash us for,it's like the weekly moaning on here about people leaving early or not singing enough,it gives the press ammo it doesn't need and the percieved problems will never be solved,fans in this country are not like those at bayern or barca,a man with a drum would last 2mins at our games

i think he has every right to criticize the fans tbh, we haven't been good enough. i dont think this team right now does have enough self belief to win the title. your saying all these things.

Neither has he really. It's been a disappointing season. He can put that right tomorrow and I'm sure he will see what the fans are about too.

Honestly I think it's a case of the press writing a heck of a lot from very little said from Pep at all, it's not at all like he's moaning about the fans all the time. However if Pep coming out and saying these things results in fans pushing each other to sing and chant more, to stay beyond the final whistle until the players come over to build the relationships further... then we will have the best home ground to go to in the country by a distance. A lot will have pointed out it's the way all PL clubs have gone and it's unfair to single us out but... why not aim to be the best? Why not lead by example instead of just passively accepting it and saying nothing can be done about it?

I knew it would not be long before Pep himself was accused of fuelling the media campaign against us and upsetting the sensitivities of blues.

Let's bombard his twitter account like we did with Mike Keegan from the Mail :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.